Mabey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Made my offer of theoretical physics A*A*A, but not sure I want to go where I firmed. Anyone know how adjustment works? UCAS track says they don't list adjustment vacancies, so how do I look for adjustment places?
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mabey)
Made my offer of theoretical physics A*A*A, but not sure I want to go where I firmed. Anyone know how adjustment works? UCAS track says they don't list adjustment vacancies, so how do I look for adjustment places?
You may want to just call the specific universities and ask if they have any places available for adjustment for your chosen courses.
Charlotte's Web
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mabey)
You are eligible if you have met all of your conditions and have exceeded at least one. You need to contact the universities directly to see if they have spaces - there are no public listings.

I'd recommend having a look at our Adjustment FAQ here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6018120
Mabey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
You may want to just call the specific universities and ask if they have any places available for adjustment for your chosen courses.
So for example I call unis like St Andrews or Imperial and ask if they are open for adjustment? It seems strange considering they are never in clearing
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mabey)
So for example I call unis like St Andrews or Imperial and ask if they are open for adjustment? It seems strange considering they are never in clearing
Adjustment is different to clearing though. Always worth a shot, right? :-)
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mabey)
Adjustment is different to Clearing.

But Imperial has very limited Adjustment courses, I don't think Physics is one of them
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...lts-what-next/

And St Andrews isn't in Adjustment for 2019
"The University of St Andrews will not have any vacancies available through UCAS Clearing or Adjustment services. We welcome applications for 2020 entry through UCAS, which may be submitted from September."
wolfmoon88
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mabey)
As noted from previous poster, definitely worth a shot! Though I don't think either uni participates in adjustment.

Edit: see Doones post!
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DoritoEvie)
Adjustment is different to clearing though. Always worth a shot, right? :-)
St Andrews isn't in Adjustment, and afaik only MechEng is at Imperial.
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Doones)
St Andrews isn't in Adjustment, and afaik only MechEng is at Imperial.
Fair enough! Well, it was always worth a try/look around :-)
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Phone around, you never know!

This is not a time to be shy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?