Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-13-11-14-03-1.png
Views: 133
Size:  13.8 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-08-15-13-13-53.png
Views: 129
Size:  192.2 KBI am a International students(Bangladesh).Just got my AS Results and got 'a' in all units(we still have modular system).Now preping for A2 and some AS for Jan and May 2020.My subjects are Maths,Chem,Bio(Edexcel) and Phy (Cambridge) and i planning to do Further Maths from Edexcel in 1 year.
Will join Uni in 2021.

Can anyone explain to me the UK universities admission system for international students.Only thing I know is few things about UCAS

Questions-
As I got my AS results can I form UCAS now (with predicted grades)apply or does it have starting time?
Does UK give 100-75 % schoolarship to International students.Cuz uni cost is too much for my family.
Do i need IELTS before A2 for UCAS. (Planning on doing IELTS and SAT after A2 for study pressure)
I heard that u can apply to only handful of university with UCAS.Can i apply without UCAS to as many Unis as i like?
Is extracurricular activities need for UK uni (US uni love extracurriculams)
Last edited by Roha125; 1 year ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Roha125)
Name:  Screenshot_2019-08-13-11-14-03-1.png
Views: 133
Size:  13.8 KBName:  Screenshot_2019-08-15-13-13-53.png
Views: 129
Size:  192.2 KBI am a International students(Bangladesh).Just got my AS Results and got 'a' in all units(we still have modular system).Now preping for A2 and some AS for Jan and May 2020.My subjects are Maths,Chem,Bio(Edexcel) and Phy (Cambridge) and i planning to do Further Maths from Edexcel in 1 year.
Will join Uni in 2021.

Can anyone explain to me the UK universities admission system for international students.Only thing I know is few things about UCAS

Questions-
As I got my AS results can I form UCAS now (with predicted grades)apply or does it have starting time?
Does UK give 100-75 % schoolarship to International students.Cuz uni cost is too much for my family.
Do i need IELTS before A2 for UCAS. (Planning on doing IELTS and SAT after A2 for study pressure)
I heard that u can apply to only handful of university with UCAS.Can i apply without UCAS to as many Unis as i like?
Is extracurricular activities need for UK uni (US uni love extracurriculams)
1) Are you applying for September 2020 entry? If so, you can apply via UCAS from early September. If you're applying for deferred 2021 entry, you can also apply at this time.

2) Some unis do offer scholarships for international students. You'll need to research this carefully. You may have better luck finding sponsorship from a company within your own country.

3) You can apply with IELTS pending.

4) You're limited to 5 unis on UCAS. Some unis may accept additional applications from international students, but most will want you to apply via UCAS.

5) Extra curriculars are not needed. Super-curriculars, showing an interest in your chosen subject, can help your application.

Congrats on your results!
Roha125
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
1) Are you applying for September 2020 entry? If so, you can apply via UCAS from early September. If you're applying for deferred 2021 entry, you can also apply at this time.

2) Some unis do offer scholarships for international students. You'll need to research this carefully. You may have better luck finding sponsorship from a company within your own country.

3) You can apply with IELTS pending.

4) You're limited to 5 unis on UCAS. Some unis may accept additional applications from international students, but most will want you to apply via UCAS.

5) Extra curriculars are not needed. Super-curriculars, showing an interest in your chosen subject, can help your application.

Congrats on your results!
Thanks alot
The answer are very helpful
Roha125
Rep:
?
SarcAndSpark
So I am going through UCAS application just to some checking about what it is.
I registered in UCAS and now it is asking "How you are applying".I studied at my school and registered from that school for IGCSE and IAL,so I selected 'school'.
Now they are asking for a 'buzzword'.I don't think my school (not being in UK) has registered for UCAS.Our school is only registered for Edexcel(not even Cambridge Exam Board).Most of school student doesn't go for UK Unis so high chance of them not being under UCAS.
So do i have give 'individual'.
1.Will it have effect on University about me?
2.Will I still be able to give Uni my extracurricular activities certificates that I got from my school?
3.Will they find these certificates authentic as my School not being under UCAS?
4.Can I later on change from 'individual' to 'school' if I find out that my School is under UCAS or applies for UCAS in the meantime?
Last edited by Roha125; 1 year ago
Roha125
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
By 2020 what do you mean?
I did research for US uni and in those study starts from August and some from January.
In UK it starts from September.Does UK not have spring semester where students can join if not September?
Chrisx1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By 2020 what do you mean?
I did research for US uni and in those study starts from August and some from January.
In UK it starts from September.Does UK not have spring semester where students can join if not September?
Uk unis start in September and end in summer (May/June). You cannot join a uni mid-way through the year.
Roha125
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chrisx1)
Uk unis start in September and end in summer (May/June). You cannot join a uni mid-way through the year.
So will it be a problem if I do IELTS in 2020 July or August and go to Uni in September 2020
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
SarcAndSpark
So I am going through UCAS application just to some checking about what it is.
I registered in UCAS and now it is asking "How you are applying".I studied at my school and registered from that school for IGCSE and IAL,so I selected 'school'.
Now they are asking for a 'buzzword'.I don't think my school (not being in UK) has registered for UCAS.Our school is only registered for Edexcel(not even Cambridge Exam Board).Most of school student doesn't go for UK Unis so high chance of them not being under UCAS.
So do i have give 'individual'.
1.Will it have effect on University about me?
2.Will I still be able to give Uni my extracurricular activities certificates that I got from my school?
3.Will they find these certificates authentic as my School not being under UCAS?
4.Can I later on change from 'individual' to 'school' if I find out that my School is under UCAS or applies for UCAS in the meantime?
1) Applying as an individual won't affect anything about your application- it will just affect what your teachers are able to access.

2) Unis won't usually care about these, but if they are interested you can still submit them. They won't question the authenticity.

3) You can't change, but honestly there wouldn't be any need for you to do so.

So will it be a problem if I do IELTS in 2020 July or August and go to Uni in September 2020
In theory no, but this will be cutting it fine to pass- it might be worth taking it earlier so you have a chance to retake if there are any problems.
Roha125
Rep:
?
SarcAndSpark
So i have come to the employment section.
I have never done a real job due to my studies.
But last year while doing AS,my private Biology tutor told me to mark his other O'level students mock papers before exams as my Teacher had too many mock papers to check.

I marked them and he paid me so those that technical fall under employment?
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
SarcAndSpark
So i have come to the employment section.
I have never done a real job due to my studies.
But last year while doing AS,my private Biology tutor told me to mark his other O'level students mock papers before exams as my Teacher had too many mock papers to check.

I marked them and he paid me so those that technical fall under employment?
did u write ur PS yet mate?
Roha125
Rep:
?
I

(Original post by Ailurophile03)
did u write ur PS yet mate?
Personal Statement?
not yet.I don't think i will apply this sooner.Might even become 2021 if i go for repeat units and SAT & IELTS will take time.
I am not that great at english might take some help.

What do someone actually write in a PS?
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I

Personal Statement?
not yet.I don't think i will apply this sooner.Might even become 2021 if i go for repeat units and SAT & IELTS will take time.

basically u talk about urself and why u wanna attend that uni and why ur suited for it
Chrisx1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I

Personal Statement?

Why are you taking the SAT if you're looking to apply to a UK uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed