How likely am I to get better grades if I resit my A2? Watch

mat325h
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Got my results back today, and I got a BBC with A* in EPQ. I was expecting far worse, but I'm still not happy. I'm deciding to re-sit next year but I was wondering how likely I am to get better? I got these grades with only 2 months of revision and I'm literally planning to start working my ass off tomorrow.

Any tips?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by mat325h)
Got my results back today, and I got a BBC with A* in EPQ. I was expecting far worse, but I'm still not happy. I'm deciding to re-sit next year but I was wondering how likely I am to get better? I got these grades with only 2 months of revision and I'm literally planning to start working my ass off tomorrow.

Any tips?
Most people do go up a bit if they resit- usually by about 1 grade, so you could expect as much as AAB if you resit and work hard, especially if you feel you didn't work as hard as you could have this year.

For tips, I'd suggest making revision resources like flashcards early to help you learn key facts. Which subjects are you doing?
mat325h
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Most people do go up a bit if they resit- usually by about 1 grade, so you could expect as much as AAB if you resit and work hard, especially if you feel you didn't work as hard as you could have this year.

For tips, I'd suggest making revision resources like flashcards early to help you learn key facts. Which subjects are you doing?
Biology, Chemistry and Economics. Honestly I thought I would be doing much worse than that but Chemistry was the one that screwed me over. I'm hoping I can pick up a grade or two next year if I work really hard.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by mat325h)
Biology, Chemistry and Economics. Honestly I thought I would be doing much worse than that but Chemistry was the one that screwed me over. I'm hoping I can pick up a grade or two next year if I work really hard.
Chemistry is a tough A-level, but I'm sure you can pick up an extra grade next year if you work hard!

BBC is a good foundation to build on at this stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads