username3895014
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got into University of Leeds this morning even though I didn’t fully get the requirements.
Requirements were ABB, I got ABC.

Now I’m having second thoughts and think I want to stay closer to home. Even if I go to Leeds, I’ll still be staying at home, but it’s a lot further out.
I think I’ll fit in better at Bradford and will generally enjoy it more. But obviously the Uni itself isn’t as ‘good’ as Uni of Leeds.
I’ll be doing the same course.

Is it worth changing?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wooord)
I got into University of Leeds this morning even though I didn’t fully get the requirements.

Now I’m having second thoughts and think I want to stay closer to home. Even if I go to Leeds, I’ll still be staying at home, but it’s a lot further out.
I think I’ll fit in better at Bradford and will generally enjoy it more. But obviously the Uni itself isn’t as ‘good’ as Uni of Leeds.

Is it worth changing?
I'de go to Leeds but then again, I am a bit of a university snob

How long would it take you to travel to Leeds each day compared to Bradford?
username3895014
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
I'de go to Leeds but then again, I am a bit of a university snob

How long would it take you to travel to Leeds each day compared to Bradford?
lol, I get you
To get to Leeds it will take me up to 35 mins in the car, that's without any road works or delaying. I won't be able to drive everyday since sometimes my brother takes the car to work. So id have to bus it or go the train which would take longer.
I already live in Bradford, it would take me like less than 10 minutes to get there, again, without any delaying.
I would like to go to a new city for Uni but I'm trying o think practically
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol, I get you
To get to Leeds it will take me up to 35 mins in the car, that's without any road works or delaying. I won't be able to drive everyday since sometimes my brother takes the car to work. So id have to bus it or go the train which would take longer.
I already live in Bradford, it would take me like less than 10 minutes to get there, again, without any delaying.
I would like to go to a new city for Uni but I'm trying o think practically
It's not really a long journey, lots of people commute every day into work for an hour or even more.

I think you're just getting cold feet a bit but Leeds is a fantastic uni. Don't do anything hasty, maybe sleep on it? Or ask Leeds Admissions if you can come for another visit, they are running a campus tour tomorrow at midday which you could probably join even though it's mainly aimed at clearing applicants
username3895014
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
It's not really a long journey, lots of people commute every day into work for an hour or even more.

I think you're just getting cold feet a bit but Leeds is a fantastic uni. Don't do anything hasty, maybe sleep on it? Or ask Leeds Admissions if you can come for another visit, they are running a campus tour tomorrow at midday which you could probably join even though it's mainly aimed at clearing applicants
you're right, I should probably sleep on it. I think going to a new city will get me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing
Danial786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you're right, I should probably sleep on it. I think going to a new city will get me out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing
Would you regret never going leeds? or never going bradford?..
username3895014
Rep:
?
I know myself and think that if I go Leeds I'll tell myself that life would have been easier if I stayed in Bradford. Where as if I go to Bradford, I feel like ill regret not pushing myself a little bit.
im not making this any easier for myself am I

Danial786 (forgot to quote you)
Last edited by username3895014; 1 year ago
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
omg sis congratulations on the grades and everything. sis follow your gut.
username3895014
Rep:
?
(Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry)
omg sis congratulations on the grades and everything. sis follow your gut.
Thanks girllll, my gut also seems to be in two minds
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why don't you think you'd fit in at leeds
She-Ra
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University of Bradford are you able to help? Perhaps you have a student who can share their experience of student life?

What course are you planning to study? Wooord
username3895014
Rep:
?
(Original post by She-Ra)
University of Bradford are you able to help? Perhaps you have a student who can share their experience of student life?

What course are you planning to study? Wooord
Psychology with Counseling
username3895014
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
why don't you think you'd fit in at leeds
I went to one of the open days, I don’t want to be judgy but everyone seemed so posh and well spoken and I’m....from Bradford. Basically the opposite
Last edited by username3895014; 1 year ago
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went to one of the open days, I don’t want to be judgy but everyone seemed so posh and well spoken and I’m....from Bradford. Basically the opposite
Yeah but open days are people who are applying as 5th choice, as well. People applying to Cambridge and then Durham ... and why not pop up to Leeds. There will be some "normal" people at Leeds -- I think especially on a course like pych/counselling -- and the posh people are nice, friendly people. You should not be scared of them!

As you mention above, leaving your comfort zone is much the fun of uni. Meet new people, see a different world, take up muay thai. Just go with it.
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Uni is 3 years of your life, you need to know what doors it will open afterwards. Leeds is a Russel Group Uni with an excellent reputation. No brainer IMO.
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Is it worth changing?
Hey!

Congrats on your grades, they are fantastic!

I'm glad to hear you're thinking about studying here. It's a close-knit campus so you'll feel like you belong :thumbsup:

You can chat to our students directly to hear about their experience of studying with us here

Jihwan You, BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling student had this to say about our course:
"I was so impressed with the counselling module. I thought it was just going to be like a normal textbook lecture but the professor had a lot of fieldwork experience in counselling."

Our Social and Developmental Psychology Laboratory offers excellent facilities to observe and analyse human behaviour, the lab includes one way mirrors, digital speakers and 360 degree tracking digital cameras.

Our BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling programme is also accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). So if you achieve at least a Second-Class Honours, and pass an empirical psychology project, you'll be able to join the Society as a graduate member - the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist and/or a Practising Psychologist.

We have a Clearing Open Day on Saturday 17 August if you'd like to talk to academics and current students, come along on a tour of campus and accommodation, speak to advisors about student finance and support services, and attend subject talks for a taste of what you could be studying. You can book onto our Open Day here

Don't worry if you can't make the Open Day, you can also visit us on Thursday 15 or Friday 16 August between 12:00-19:00. There's no need to book for this, you can just turn up at the Richmond Building Reception

If you'd like to discuss your options with us you can call our Clearing Helpline on 0800 073 1225 :call:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask

Becky
Last edited by University of Bradford; 1 year ago
diancie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would pick Leeds, no question. It may seem like everyone is posh or snobby but trust me, you'll find some friends.
username2916536
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Is it worth changing?
I'd say stick with Leeds, I know people who do Psychology there and they love it!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago

Is it worth changing?
I'd say go to Bradford, but others will disagree. For a course like psychology with counselling i don't know how important university rankings actually are. It's not like you are looking to do Law or something. I haven't ever been to Bradford but I went to Leeds with a view of choosing it for UCAS but I didn't like it at all.

I think if you were living in Leeds that might be the best choice, but if I'm staying at home then the closer the better imo. I think a long commute will eventually become very draining.
niamhdoesmaths
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Leeds is a great uni and great city, and it's really not that far from Bradford at all, if you get the X6 bus it doesn't take that long (if you couldn't get a lift). Also people from Leeds aren't posh (trust me, I'm from Leeds :lol:) - every Russell Group uni has the posh students but that isn't all of the students, there will be people from all walks of life and plenty of people for you to get along with.

Personally I think you should stick with Leeds, it's a far better uni, and I'm sure you'll get used to the commute pretty quickly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads