The Student Room Group

Retook and failed my A Levels again

2018 I finished my a levels and got CCE retook and got my results and got CCE.

C-Economics C-History C-English

My mistakes was neglecting my coursework and getting an E and C in them and not getting a tutor for exam technique.

Should I retake again and how would I go about this should I get predictions from elsewhere and not my school ? Any tips I want to be able to go to a top 10 university to study economics in uni.

Or should I just go to uni even tho I hate the university (Surrey) and the course is a foundation year.
Reply 1
you might be able to do a foundation year and then see if another uni can take you with your foundation year results? call and ask first if that's an option for your first choice uni
Original post by ijustflopped

My mistakes was neglecting my coursework and getting an E and C in them and not getting a tutor for exam technique.

Should I retake again and how would I go about this should I get predictions from elsewhere and not my school ? Any tips I want to be able to go to a top 10 university to study economics in uni.

Or should I just go to uni even tho I hate the university (Surrey) and the course is a foundation year.

Don't go to a uni you hate!

Why not have a look around to see if there are any other foundation years you like the look of?

Or have you thought about routes other than uni?
Reply 3
just do a foundation year, i dont know how you could even bare doing another year of a levels like holy ****, atleast if u do a foundation year you'll enjoy the uni experience and actually have fun
Original post by ijustflopped

CCC - pretty good grades. If you're in the UK system you can only retake A levels once so you may have to settle with what you have.
You definitely should not go to a university you 'hate'. Have a look around and find some Economics courses that might take you - there'll be some good ones if you research thoroughly.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest