The Student Room Group

University of liverpool year 1 entry after foundation year

I’ve been unsuccessful with my application and am in clearing. University of liverpool did give me the offer of achieving 70% in my foundation year however due to my grandad being terminally diagnosed with cancer and me having to rush to another country to be with him resulted in me underperforming in a module and achieving 68% overall. 2% below the conditions of my offer. I really want to still go to the university of liverpool however I don’t know what to do. I have rang in but no one from management school is in for me to explain my situation to and confirmation line can’t confirm anything. I’m really upset right now as I am only 2% away from my offer
Original post by Sakram407
I’ve been unsuccessful with my application and am in clearing. University of liverpool did give me the offer of achieving 70% in my foundation year however due to my grandad being terminally diagnosed with cancer and me having to rush to another country to be with him resulted in me underperforming in a module and achieving 68% overall. 2% below the conditions of my offer. I really want to still go to the university of liverpool however I don’t know what to do. I have rang in but no one from management school is in for me to explain my situation to and confirmation line can’t confirm anything. I’m really upset right now as I am only 2% away from my offer

That's a real shame. I'd call again and ask if they know when anyone from the management team may be available to talk to.

Have you considered looking at other unis in clearing? It may be worth calling around some other options?
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
That's a real shame. I'd call again and ask if they know when anyone from the management team may be available to talk to.

Have you considered looking at other unis in clearing? It may be worth calling around some other options?

Is it worth me ringing up again because the woman on the confirmation line did seem adamant once a University makes a decision it is final
Original post by Sakram407
Is it worth me ringing up again because the woman on the confirmation line did seem adamant once a University makes a decision it is final

It is usually final- sorry it sounded like the uni have suggested you call back.

Is your foundation year with Uni of Liverpool?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending