The Student Room Group

Cant apply for clearing due to conditional offer?

I have gotten a place at University of Huddersfield through clearing as I didn't make my firm choice. I've received an email with the details to refer myself through UCAS track, however I'm unable to do this as my UCAS is currently saying that I am holding a conditional offer for University of Manchester, which was originally my insurance choice but has now become my firm choice as I was rejected from Leeds. Do I need to ring up University of Manchester and request them to release me into clearing or will UCAS still need to update?
There should be a ‘decline my place’ option which releases you into clearing
Original post by Alixmoody
I have gotten a place at University of Huddersfield through clearing as I didn't make my firm choice. I've received an email with the details to refer myself through UCAS track, however I'm unable to do this as my UCAS is currently saying that I am holding a conditional offer for University of Manchester, which was originally my insurance choice but has now become my firm choice as I was rejected from Leeds. Do I need to ring up University of Manchester and request them to release me into clearing or will UCAS still need to update?

Hello!

Congratulations on being offered a place with us!!

It's definitely worth giving Manchester a call to ask to be released so you can refer yourself through UCAS Track.

If you have any questions about Huddersfield, please ask away!

Best wishes,

Julie
UoH

It sounds like Manchester haven't made a decision about you yet.

If you'd prefer your offer at Huddersfield, then ring Manchester up to ask them to release you into clearing, and then you will be able to add Huddersfield as a choice once this has been done.

However, you may still have a chance at getting into Manchester, so it might be worth discussing this with them, if you're interested?
Reply 4
Original post by Gradebaker
There should be a ‘decline my place’ option which releases you into clearing

I thought this, but there isn't :/
Reply 5
I thought this, but there isn't :/

The offer needs to be unconditional for you to see a decline my place button. You have to either be rejected or accepted by Manchester first.
Reply 6
Original post by SarcAndSpark
It sounds like Manchester haven't made a decision about you yet.

If you'd prefer your offer at Huddersfield, then ring Manchester up to ask them to release you into clearing, and then you will be able to add Huddersfield as a choice once this has been done.

However, you may still have a chance at getting into Manchester, so it might be worth discussing this with them, if you're interested?

Huddersfield is where I'm wanting to go now - is it just the clearing hotline I need to ring or will there be another number? Thank you!
Huddersfield is where I'm wanting to go now - is it just the clearing hotline I need to ring or will there be another number? Thank you!

I'd suggest looking up the contact details here:
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applications/contact-admissions-team/

If you don't get a response, then try the clearing hotline, but this will be busier, so if you can find another route then try that first!

If Manchester are being a PITA about releasing, try calling UCAS too, who can put some pressure on them.

Let me know how you get on.
Reply 8
I'd suggest looking up the contact details here:
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applications/contact-admissions-team/

If you don't get a response, then try the clearing hotline, but this will be busier, so if you can find another route then try that first!

If Manchester are being a PITA about releasing, try calling UCAS too, who can put some pressure on them.

Let me know how you get on.

I emailed and they said they’d already ‘processed a rejection 2 hours ago but it still needed to be fed into UCAS’. Took about 4 hours longer for it to actually come through (8-9pm) so I managed to apply for Huddersfield then but they’ve not confirmed the place yet on UCAS - just waiting on that now
I emailed and they said they’d already ‘processed a rejection 2 hours ago but it still needed to be fed into UCAS’. Took about 4 hours longer for it to actually come through (8-9pm) so I managed to apply for Huddersfield then but they’ve not confirmed the place yet on UCAS - just waiting on that now

Hey

I'm glad things have been processed for you now. I'm sure Huddersfield will update soon (if they haven't already). Things can sometimes be slow on results day and the days after it, though!
Reply 10
Hey

I'm glad things have been processed for you now. I'm sure Huddersfield will update soon (if they haven't already). Things can sometimes be slow on results day and the days after it, though!

Still waiting for the update on UCAS but just hoping that’s due to how many applications they’re going through! 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending