The Student Room Group

Computer Science clearing

Hi there, so I got ABC (Computer Science, Maths,French respectively) and was declined by my firm and insurance for CS. The amount of clearing options is really overwhelming so really really unsure what to do. The best option I've seen so far is Sheffield with a foundation year? What are your thoughts on that or should I be looking elsewhere?
Original post by thegalaxy
Hi there, so I got ABC (Computer Science, Maths,French respectively) and was declined by my firm and insurance for CS. The amount of clearing options is really overwhelming so really really unsure what to do. The best option I've seen so far is Sheffield with a foundation year? What are your thoughts on that or should I be looking elsewhere?

Hello @thegalaxy

I'm so sorry you were declined by both your firm and your insurance, but please do not worry because these are still good A-levels and grades!
It can be really overwhelming looking through clearing (I was in the same position four years ago). Have you thought about studying at the University of Reading, through clearing we offer both Computer Science and the four year course with a placement year. We usually ask for AAB-ABB but I would give the clearing hotline a call on +44 (0)118 402 0900 so you can speak with an advisor to discuss your options (especially as you have both Maths and Computer Science as A-levels).
I've just finished my four year course here in Food Science and loved it!
Any questions please just let us know :smile:

Alice:h:
Final Year Student Ambassador

Hi thegalaxy,

Sorry to hear that you missed out on your preferred unis but you should still be super proud of your results!
I know it's tough going trying to formulate your Plan B, but if it helps there are still some places for Computer Science at Queens available for GB students if this is applicable to you. You can check them out here.

If you'd like to chat through what's available with a member of our team you can give them a call on 028 9244 3498, or if you have any questions about Queen's please do just let us know.

Best of luck, and wherever you decide to go, have an amazing time at uni!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hey there!

Well done on your great A Level results! We're sorry you didn't get a place for the universities you applied for. Please visit this link or call us on 0800 952 0226 to speak to an academic staff about Computer Science.

Good luck and we hope you find a good course!

Godly Shagee
Aerospace Engineering, Teesside University
Hello,

Sorry to hear you missed out on your offer however QMUL have vacancies in computer science. Find out more by clicking here
Call our clearing hotline
0800 376 1800 (UK)
+44 (0) 203 053 0793 (overseas)

We look forward to hearing from you! Best of luck :smile:

Hi @thegalaxy

Sorry to hear that your firm and insurance offers were declined. Many students end up in clearing and it can be quite a nerve racking time. :s-smilie:

I imagine there are several Universities with CS in clearing today. With your grades, you may be eligible to join Computer Science here at Hertfordshire without needing to do a foundation year. As well as Computer Science we offer a range of specialized CS degrees, such as AI, Software Engineering or Networks. You can view out full list of courses in clearing here.

If you want to find out more about the University of Hertfordshire, have a look at a summary thread I wrote recently, or take a look at our website! We also offer guaranteed on-campus accommodation for clearing students. :eek:

If you decide Hertfordshire is the one for you, give our clearing team a call on 0300 303 6300.

Best of luck wherever you decide to go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest