The Student Room Group

got unconditional offers form universities without maths c

I got unconditional offers from De Montfort University and bedfordshire to begin on the 21th of september 2019. I just found out that i did not pass my maths got an E. Does that mean i still have a place in september without maths?
Original post by iamsamantha98
I got unconditional offers from De Montfort University and bedfordshire to begin on the 21th of september 2019. I just found out that i did not pass my maths got an E. Does that mean i still have a place in september without maths?

If your firm choice was unconditional then you should be in. What does track say?

Did you tell them you did have maths at grade C?

If so, you probably do need to talk to them about this, as they will ask for your GCSE certificates when you come to enroll.

Offers in clearing are always unconditional, but can unfortunately be withdrawn if you've given the uni the wrong grades.
My firm choice was de montfort university and yeah it says unconditional offer ( firmly accepted) and says congratulations your place has been confirmed at dmu.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Did you tell them you did have maths at grade C?

If so, you probably do need to talk to them about this, as they will ask for your GCSE certificates when you come to enroll.

Offers in clearing are always unconditional, but can unfortunately be withdrawn if you've given the uni the wrong grades.

i did not enter on ucas my maths grade as i had not done the exam yet, done in june just got my results this month. i had just put pending on maths.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
If your firm choice was unconditional then you should be in. What does track say?

yeah firm choice was unconditional. on trak it says congratulations! Your place at De Montfort University D26 for Software Engineering G600 has been confirmed.

Yea, your in.

Just hope they dont ask to see your certificates. Was the E at GCSE or A-level?
Original post by mnot
Yea, your in.

Just hope they dont ask to see your certificates. Was the E at GCSE or A-level?

the E was in GCSE
yeah firm choice was unconditional. on trak it says congratulations! Your place at De Montfort University D26 for Software Engineering G600 has been confirmed.

In that case you're definitely in! How are you going to celebrate?
the E was in GCSE

Well just looked on their website, and it requires a C in GCSE maths.
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/software-engineering-bsc-degree/software-engineering-bsc-degree.aspx

So if they became aware of this they could reject you, I suspect if you don't say anything nothing will happen, although you are embarking down a path that if they ever find out between enrolling & graduation they can probably withdraw you

No idea what the Maths is like at DMU, but engineering degrees normally involve complex multi-variable high order calculus, matrix algebra, fourrieer transforms etc. Which I think is concerning, as you might struggle with this given your GCSE score. I think you should have a look at the maths involved on this degree prior to enrolling.
Original post by mnot
Well just looked on their website, and it requires a C in GCSE maths.
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate-courses/software-engineering-bsc-degree/software-engineering-bsc-degree.aspx

So if they became aware of this they could reject you, I suspect if you don't say anything nothing will happen, although you are embarking down a path that if they ever find out between enrolling & graduation they can probably withdraw you

No idea what the Maths is like at DMU, but engineering degrees normally involve complex multi-variable high order calculus, matrix algebra, fourrieer transforms etc. Which I think is concerning, as you might struggle with this given your GCSE score. I think you should have a look at the maths involved on this degree prior to enrolling.

when i called them to reject my unconditional offer that they had given me has i had not gotten my maths,i asked them are they going to let me in with no maths like bedforshire. They said i have an unconditional offer so i have a place no matter what garde i have got. I done level 3 software engineering got DMM on the course.
i did not enter on ucas my maths grade as i had not done the exam yet, done in june just got my results this month. i had just put pending on maths.

Well in that case if it's unconditional and your grade was pending when you applied, you're in. Congratulations!
when i called them to reject my unconditional offer that they had given me has i had not gotten my maths,i asked them are they going to let me in with no maths like bedforshire. They said i have an unconditional offer so i have a place no matter what garde i have got. I done level 3 software engineering got DMM on the course.

Well given you were sitting maths this summer, I guess it doesn't matter and you had an unconditional hence are in.

I have no idea what the maths is like at DMU but i still think should you check the maths required as if calculus is involved you might struggle...
Original post by mnot
Well given you were sitting maths this summer, I guess it doesn't matter and you had an unconditional hence are in.

I have no idea what the maths is like at DMU but i still think should you check the maths required as if calculus is involved you might struggle...

i got the unconditional offer today when results came out, it was conditional since jaunary , same i though i was not going to be given a place since they want C in maths, but going to get in contact with them again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending