Anna191817
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m terrible at it and I don’t seem to improve. I was pretty confident about my application seeing as I got 12A* and full UMS in all my AS exams. But now I feel like my chances are significantly lower (I’m talking about Ucat scores in the 500-550 range here). How important are they really? And which unis tend to place less emphasis on them excluding Bmat unis?
medic_wannabe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/...re-2019-entry/

try this link xx
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anna191817)
I’m terrible at it and I don’t seem to improve. I was pretty confident about my application seeing as I got 12A* and full UMS in all my AS exams. But now I feel like my chances are significantly lower (I’m talking about Ucat scores in the 500-550 range here). How important are they really? And which unis tend to place less emphasis on them excluding Bmat unis?
Keele, Sunderland and Cardiff only require scores in the top 80%. It is quite possible to get into Leicester and QUB with a low UCAT if you have great GCSEs. UEA and HYMS use GCSEs and UCAT, but you normally need around 600 for an interview and a B1 at HYMS. Plymouth are requiring 597.5 this year. Manchester have an holistic route, but htey do use UCAT as part of this, however, amazing academics, especially if yu have na extra A level, EPQ or similar may make up for a lower grade. Most others require over 600 to be competitive so wait and see how you do, you might do better than you think
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
depends where you apply since different universities will use different criteria to select for interview.

some places will use a combination of UKCAT + GCSEs.

some places only use one of UKCAT or GCSEs

some places will factor in your AS grades into their decision (if they have them)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?