shadowdmdm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Could anyone give me some good value for money accomodation in or around the Stirling Uni campus? Ideally dont want to be spending more than £150/week unless it's something really impressive.
nnrbrtsn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I stayed in Alexander Court last year - it was £96 a week I'm sure. Ally court has got a great wee community, the rooms are a little smaller but you have your own sink and a big mirror. The kitchen space is also really great compared to other cheaper accommodations. It's a bit further of a walk compared to the other accommodations in relation to the uni itself but i actually kinda preffered that as it felt like I was off-campus. Right next to the golf course and there's a bus route close to ally court you can take that isn't the UL. As for the other cheaper accommdations - they're closer to the uni but they're a lot smaller and older (ie polwarth muirhead fraser and donnelly). If you want an inbetween cheap and higher end - ash is great for that. it's a little older but great communal space and ensuite bathroom. The most expensive is willow juniper and beech at around £160 a week but god do you get what you pay for. Security is so much tighter as it is a keycard system rather than a key system, you can see this as a pro or a con depending lol. Massive massive kitchen and bedroom, you get room that looks like a hotel room. It is really impressive imo but the cheaper options, honestly? better student community in general.
shadowdmdm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nnrbrtsn)
I stayed in Alexander Court last year - it was £96 a week I'm sure. Ally court has got a great wee community, the rooms are a little smaller but you have your own sink and a big mirror. The kitchen space is also really great compared to other cheaper accommodations. It's a bit further of a walk compared to the other accommodations in relation to the uni itself but i actually kinda preffered that as it felt like I was off-campus. Right next to the golf course and there's a bus route close to ally court you can take that isn't the UL. As for the other cheaper accommdations - they're closer to the uni but they're a lot smaller and older (ie polwarth muirhead fraser and donnelly). If you want an inbetween cheap and higher end - ash is great for that. it's a little older but great communal space and ensuite bathroom. The most expensive is willow juniper and beech at around £160 a week but god do you get what you pay for. Security is so much tighter as it is a keycard system rather than a key system, you can see this as a pro or a con depending lol. Massive massive kitchen and bedroom, you get room that looks like a hotel room. It is really impressive imo but the cheaper options, honestly? better student community in general.
You mentioned the mid-ranged ones? Which one is ash? ive not come across it. Right now im probably looking at the £130 Andrew Stewart Hall. Do you know if it's any good?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.88%
Pop (210)
24.71%
Jazz (33)
3.88%