Non-Law Student Applying for Masters and Inquiring about the TC Watch

Sir Bananas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I just graduated with my Bachelors this year and I've received offers for a Masters that I will be accepting. Both programmes are not in the field of law but I am planning to take the GDL after my Masters.

If I were to apply for a training contract at a law firm (preferably one that paid for my GDL and LPC), I suppose I'd have to generally apply at around the same, or an earlier, time I apply for my GDL, during my Masters. Would I be correct in thinking this? Any help would be appreciated.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You apply two years in advance of the year in which you wish to start working. Law firms are generally clear on when you are eligible to apply for one of their openings. They may, for example, only allow direct TC applications from those going into their final year of university, and from graduates.

Keep in mind that you're already a graduate, which may confine you to certain vac schemes (e.g. Winter only or Easter only), but which enables you to apply directly for TCs.
Last edited by J Papi; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads