Edexcel GCSE Maths June 2019 - GRADE 9 STUDENTS! Watch

Poll: What do you think the boundary will be for a grade 9 this year? (EDEXCEL ONLY)
205 or above (9)
9.57%
203-204 (11)
11.7%
202 (Same as 2018) (7)
7.45%
198-201 (35)
37.23%
197 or lower (15)
15.96%
I don't care to be honest (17)
18.09%
Ad4mmm_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
u man r all batty lol
username3046474
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jduxie4414)
Well you’re wrong
Thank you
OptimisticMedic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well you’re wrong
You think they are gonna go down?That is what every year hopes but it still ends up increasing.
I hope it goes down otherwise I won't get a grade 9 which I worked tirelessly for but it is good to think realistically
Don't mean to sound cold as I want them to decrease just like the next person all we can do is pray I guess.
jduxie4414
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by OptimisticMedic)
You think they are gonna go down?That is what every year hopes but it still ends up increasing.
I hope it goes down otherwise I won't get a grade 9 which I worked tirelessly for but it is good to think realistically
Don't mean to sound cold as I want them to decrease just like the next person all we can do is pray I guess.
I know they’re going down I can sense it. I hope you get that 9. Good luck regardless sorry for sounding like a **** haha
OptimisticMedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know they’re going down I can sense it. I hope you get that 9. Good luck regardless sorry for sounding like a **** haha
Thanks these exams stress people out . I understand why everyone is very nervous.
student2030
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
qhow much do u reckon for a 6 in edexcel maths
username3046474
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Between 106 and 125 I think
DoIce
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't mean to sound cold as I want them to decrease just like the next person all we can do is pray I guess
The papers were seen as harder than last year and many people struggled with them, already that's a reason for the boundaries to go down probably not too dramatically but still a noticeable difference
OptimisticMedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DoIce)
The papers were seen as harder than last year and many people struggled with them, already that's a reason for the boundaries to go down probably not too dramatically but still a noticeable difference
The whole point of these new 9-1 exams is to be hard. They are trying to distinguish the grade 9 from the grade 8 - universities still consider them an A* regardless of what you get - not sure if they are gonna change this.
I do see the grade 8 grade boundaries decreasing but the grade 9 will at minimum stay the same .I hope it doesn't I really need it to decrease.
It is normal for papers to increase in difficulty just by looking at the legacy papers.
This is all my opinion though you do not need to take it as fact most people are siding with you so there is likelihood for the grade boundaries to decrease.
jduxie4414
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The whole point of these new 9-1 exams is to be hard. They are trying to distinguish the grade 9 from the grade 8 - universities still consider them an A* regardless of what you get - not sure if they are gonna change this.
I do see the grade 8 grade boundaries decreasing but the grade 9 will at minimum stay the same .I hope it doesn't I really need it to decrease.
It is normal for papers to increase in difficulty just by looking at the legacy papers.
This is all my opinion though you do not need to take it as fact most people are siding with you so there is likelihood for the grade boundaries to decrease.
A grade 8 is set after a grade 9....

Right so they set the grade 7 boundary based on statistics. Then the top 20% of students above a 7 get the 9 grade. 8 is then placed bang in the middle.
OptimisticMedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Right so they set the grade 7 boundary based on statistics. Then the top 20% of students above a 7 get the 9 grade. 8 is then placed bang in the middle.
So If the grade 9 boundaries increase , the grade 7/8 boundaries can't decrease?
Still my gut feeling is telling me the grade 9 requirements will be higher than prior years especially considering teachers were given more training and we have more resources. TSR does on average attract more "higher-up" students so I guess if on average most people found it hard the paper was hard.
So who knows we wait for tomorrow morning.
username3046474
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
😭😁
Last edited by username3046474; 1 month ago
OptimisticMedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Well I am glad you're right. I hope you get what you want for your results.
OptimisticMedic
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ShyB)
😭😁
Glad, you're right.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rabbibil V2 Did you get your 9?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (9)
21.95%
No (32)
78.05%

Watched Threads