The Student Room Group

Adjustment at Track

Hello guys! How do I register for Adjustment? Apparently the option to register is supposed to come at the Choices page at UCAS Track, but it isn't in my case. Also is the option for Adjustment only available to the students who have exceeded their conditions for their firm choice, or is it also available to those who have not been accepted at their firm choice, but have been accepted at their insurance choice? Thank you
Original post by Maroon Dragons
Hello guys! How do I register for Adjustment? Apparently the option to register is supposed to come at the Choices page at UCAS Track, but it isn't in my case. Also is the option for Adjustment only available to the students who have exceeded their conditions for their firm choice, or is it also available to those who have not been accepted at their firm choice, but have been accepted at their insurance choice? Thank you

you can only use it if you exceed your firm choice.

You can only be eligible for Adjustment if you met all of the conditions for your firm choice and exceeded at least one of them.

If you were placed in your insurance, you are not eligible for Adjustment and would need to go though Clearing if you wished to go elsewhere.
Original post by Charlotte's Web
You can only be eligible for Adjustment if you met all of the conditions for your firm choice and exceeded at least one of them.

If you were placed in your insurance, you are not eligible for Adjustment and would need to go though Clearing if you wished to go elsewhere.

Thank you so much! However, the FAQ section at UCAS Track is saying that a clearing option will be available to you if you are eligible for clearing. I have exceeded my conditions for my Insurance choice, and that's why (I think) I don't have that option. What should I do now?
Original post by claireestelle
you can only use it if you exceed your firm choice.

Thank you!
Thank you so much! However, the FAQ section at UCAS Track is saying that a clearing option will be available to you if you are eligible for clearing. I have exceeded my conditions for my Insurance choice, and that's why (I think) I don't have that option. What should I do now?

If you are 100% sure you do not want to go to your insurance university you can use the 'decline my place' button to place yourself into Clearing. This is irreversible so you must be absolutely sure before doing it.
If you are 100% sure you do not want to go to your insurance university you can use the 'decline my place' button to place yourself into Clearing. This is irreversible so you must be absolutely sure before doing it.

Thank you for your help! Is there any way I can apply through clearing before declining my offer from my Insurance choice? Also, can I apply to multiple courses through clearing?
Thank you for your help! Is there any way I can apply through clearing before declining my offer from my Insurance choice? Also, can I apply to multiple courses through clearing?

You can call universities to enquire - they may or may not be willing to give you a verbal offer without you being in Clearing, but you don't know until you ask. You can apply to as many universities as you like but you can ultimately only add one to your Track.
You can call universities to enquire - they may or may not be willing to give you a verbal offer without you being in Clearing, but you don't know until you ask. You can apply to as many universities as you like but you can ultimately only add one to your Track.

I have already called Queen Mary directly (without doing anything through UCAS Track) and I have already received an offer through email. However, I am not receiving any notification at Track. Is it because of my insurance choice? If I decline my insurance offer now and add this course at Queen Mary through clearing now, will it be alright?
I have already called Queen Mary directly (without doing anything through UCAS Track) and I have already received an offer through email. However, I am not receiving any notification at Track. Is it because of my insurance choice? If I decline my insurance offer now and add this course at Queen Mary through clearing now, will it be alright?

You won't get a notification for a Clearing offer - you need to decline your insurance offer and add the Clearing offer through Track, but you can't go back on your choice

Quick Reply