This discussion is closed.
HoneyB815
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I recently sat the UCAT exams and got an average score 530 and a Band 1.
My predicted grades are A*AA
Since I also take part in K+ programme at kings college, I have a high chance of getting into the enhanced dentistry programme.
But with such a low UCAT score is it still worth applying to dentistry. Thanks
Last edited by HoneyB815; 1 year ago
Hsey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My daughter got a low UKCAT score but got an interview at Dundee and is off there in 3 weeks. She had a good, all round personal statement and likely had a good interview.
HoneyB815
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Hsey)
My daughter got a low UKCAT score but got an interview at Dundee and is off there in 3 weeks. She had a good, all round personal statement and likely had a good interview.
Congratulations to her
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HI, I’m also part of the k programme for dentistry, I also didn’t do too well in my ucat, have you asked k if it’s worth applying to dentistry
AAMC
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, you will have a chance. I know of somebody with a similar profile to you. You don't lose anything by giving it a go!
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ya167890)
HI, I’m also part of the k programme for dentistry, I also didn’t do too well in my ucat, have you asked k if it’s worth applying to dentistry
(Original post by AAMC)
Yes, you will have a chance. I know of somebody with a similar profile to you. You don't lose anything by giving it a go!
Really? Wat did they get in their ucat if u don’t me asking ? Also if one was to apply to the enhanced dentistry support is it fine if the ucat score is low
AAMC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really? Wat did they get in their ucat if u don’t me asking ? Also if one was to apply to the enhanced dentistry support is it fine if the ucat score is low
I would strongly encourage you to apply for the enhanced support program, as it is (most likely) aimed at people with a lower score. They applied for the EMDP with a score in the 500s. So I think you will have a chance - it's not going to be a definite yes, but if your personal statement is strong, it's likely not to be a definite no. E-mail admissions, ask them if they have a threshold for enhanced support/dentistry. I don't think they do.
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ahh thank you so much, you made me feel a lot better do you study dentistry btw?
AAMC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ahh thank you so much, you made me feel a lot better do you study dentistry btw?
I study medicine personally, however I have quite a few friends who got in via gateway. I was quite surprised to see that King's took somebody with 497.5 for the EMDP - have a look on Google for "what do they know". Hopefully it will give you some confidence!
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also did your friend apply to EMDP recently? Or was this a long time ago Bcuz if it was then things may have changed
AAMC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also did your friend apply to EMDP recently? Or was this a long time ago Bcuz if it was then things may have changed
Very recently, yes.
Last edited by AAMC; 1 year ago
lilaura
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I also want to go to kings for dentistry, I sat my ucat yday and got 640 with band 1. Does anyone know the cut offs for kcl?
annonnn7633828
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone

I am on a gap year and really want to do dentistry. however i have received a very low ucat of 2160(540) and band 1 SJT. Please can somebody advise me on which universities to apply to as I am so passionate about dentistry.
I have completed 1 week dentistry, 1 week GP, 1 week pharmacy work ex and 1 yr care home, 1 yr hospital volunteering.

Alevels- A*AA
Gcses- 3As (sciences) 7Bs

I was thinking Manchester but other than that I have no idea.
Last edited by annonnn7633828; 1 year ago
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, why don’t you look at enhanced dentistry support at kings and Bristol ?
Ya167890
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not all about UKCAT btw, like it also depends on ur personal statement, experience, the way you present yourself in the interview etc...
anonymous23888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in set, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go
anonymous23888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in sjt, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go
annonnn7633828
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, why don’t you look at enhanced dentistry support at kings and Bristol ?
ive checked the kings one but im not from london and its only eligible for state schools in london i think. ive just checked the bristol programme you are referring to but students with aab or above or a in chemistry are not eligible
do u know of any other entry routes?
annonnn7633828
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not all about UKCAT btw, like it also depends on ur personal statement, experience, the way you present yourself in the interview etc...
yes thats what im hoping for thank you for reassuring me. Also are u doing dentistry or thinking of applying??
annonnn7633828
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous23888)
Hi, I got 675 in my UCAT but I got band 4 in sjt, do you think I should still apply to KCL as it is where I really want to go
you can try applying to dundee since they dont look at sjt
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
35.95%
No (80)
52.29%
I don't know (18)
11.76%

Watched Threads