The Student Room Group

Muslims women

Basically I'm a christian and wondering if it's bad for me to mingle with muslim girls and even be attracted to one.

Is it bad for me to casually chill with one and choose not to spread the gospel because of fears that they will get annoyed?

However I was thinking that this is similar to being embarrassed of the Lord which I'm sure says in the bible somewhere like "if you reject me in front of men then my father will reject you" something like that??

Tips please

Scroll to see replies

Well, you can't control who you're attracted to, you can 'casually chill' (depends on what your idea of chill is)
And if they have their own religion, it will definitely be annoying to 'preach' yours and try to convert Muslim women

But idk what the Christian view is
(edited 4 years ago)
for religious reasons, Muslim women cannot be in a relationship with non muslim men. so wouldn't advice to mingle with them
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm a christian and wondering if it's bad for me to mingle with muslim girls and even be attracted to one.

Is it bad for me to casually chill with one and choose not to spread the gospel because of fears that they will get annoyed?

However I was thinking that this is similar to being embarrassed of the Lord which I'm sure says in the bible somewhere like "if you reject me in front of men then my father will reject you" something like that??

Tips please

In the Bible it says do not be yoked with an unbeliever, which means you shouldn’t marry a non Christian.

But don’t be afraid of sharing the gospel with them, how else will they get Saved if they don’t know about Jesus? If you’re worried ask God to give you an opportunity to share the gospel, 9/10 when I’ve prayed this He grants an opportunity
Reply 5
As a Muslim myself, be friends with whoever and whomever

A lot of Muslims girls are open to be friends with anyone sooo don’t worry about it we’re not weird people
Reply 6
I dont know if God is testing me right now or anything because I've seen attractive muslims before and didnt care but this one girl is different.
It’s normal to feel sexually attracted to other human beings, it’s the way God made us. Pray to God for strength that you don’t fall into temptation though; as it is never God’s will that you marry an unbeliever. There’s nothing wrong with being friends with unbelievers although I don’t think Islam allows relationships with non Muslims either in any case
I dont know if God is testing me right now or anything because I've seen attractive muslims before and didnt care but this one girl is different.
Reply 8
Oh fairplay I may like them but they arent allowed to like me. Guess over time I'll move on :smile:
Oh fairplay I may like them but they arent allowed to like me. Guess over time I'll move on :smile:

I think they are allowed to like you but engaging with a sexual relationship with you (married or otherwise) is probably haram. I’m not clued up on Islamic laws though so don’t quote me on that
what do you mean by "mingle"?
I don't recall scripture condemning such a thing, but it's not an excuse to then go on and date/marry them etc. if that's what you we're thinking. (apologies if I assumed wrong)

some may think it's wrong, some may not think it's wrong to hang out with an unbeliever. I think this verse applies:
"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."
Romans 14:5 KJV

yes it's bad for you to do that, but I won't judge since I do the same thing.

hopefully this will encourage you a bit:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."
Romans 1:16*-‬17 KJV
First of all domtassume all Muslims are practising or religious so be friends with whomever

You can still be friends with them
Original post by yishyash
First of all domtassume all Muslims are practising or religious so be friends with whomever

Original post by Wooord
You can still be friends with them

I know. Tbh I'll see how it goes

Tips please

So then you can't interact or be attracted to someone of no faith? That rules out a lot of people. How can you tell by looking at someone that they're not a Christian.

You should practise showing friendship and love to everyone, like the Bible and God say you should.

Just because you 'hang out' with someone of another religion or no religion, doesn't mean you suddenly won't be Christian. Just like you could hang out with someone of different politic views or different food preferences... It's quite racist to exclude people due to their religion, or lack of.
Mingle as in just casually talking?
Original post by BurstingBubbles
So then you can't interact or be attracted to someone of no faith? That rules out a lot of people. How can you tell by looking at someone that they're not a Christian.

You should practise showing friendship and love to everyone, like the Bible and God say you should.

Just because you 'hang out' with someone of another religion or no religion, doesn't mean you suddenly won't be Christian. Just like you could hang out with someone of different politic views or different food preferences... It's quite racist to exclude people due to their religion, or lack of.

You are permitted to be friends with non believers, as Jesus Himself was, but entering a sexual relationship with them in the form of marriage is forbidden in scripture
Okay, but what if you fall in love with them? Surely that would be God's plan and you should be happy? I understand people take the Bible for exactly what is says, but you need to make sure you are happy or what is the point? You'd be living a lie. Hope things go okay! :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Okay, but what if you fall in love with them? Surely that would be God's plan and you should be happy? I understand people take the Bible for exactly what is says, but you need to make sure you are happy or what is the point? You'd be living a lie. Hope things go okay! :smile:

As it says in scripture is not the plan of God for a Christian to be married to any non Christian and this is what any Bible believing Christian should follow irrespective of their own subjective feelings :smile: This is likely because unbelievers lack both the desire and the means (presence of the Holy Spirit) to please God. A marriage of an abject atheist and a bible believing Christian would not be compatible due to the two peoples conflicting fundamental beliefs, for example
for religious reasons, Muslim women cannot be in a relationship with non muslim men. so wouldn't advice to mingle with them

You are very deluded about how committed to their religion most Muslims are. Many (I don't want to offend anyone by saying most) Muslim girls (and guys) are total hypocrites and date, drink, flirt etc.

That is generally what happens when you're indoctrinated into an ancient religion by your parents but live in a progressive Western society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending