Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nice! Finally someone from the pharmacy course xD
same i was like finallyy
Anonymous #5
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey u sed completed Aston foundation year can you tell me a bit more about the course I rweal wanna do optom grades are **** and I need help in terms of course structure length of unit how the course was as a whole do pple actually progress into allied subjects and how did u find it as a whole was it challenging or easy can you show me a module that u complete so I get a rough idea of the course please
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey u sed completed Aston foundation year can you tell me a bit more about the course I rweal wanna do optom grades are **** and I need help in terms of course structure length of unit how the course was as a whole do pple actually progress into allied subjects and how did u find it as a whole was it challenging or easy can you show me a module that u complete so I get a rough idea of the course please
The foundation year was quite tough. I had to study Maths,Senses and Perception and Professional Skills in the first semster and then Biology,Physics and Developmental Psychology in the second semster. To get onto Optometry you require 60% overall. The second semster imo was way more stressful than the first simply because there was a whole lot more content to learn.

In the first semester, you have exams for Maths and Senses and Perception alongside coursework (coursework is worth 30% of overall grade and exam is worth 70%). For professional skills there is no exam you just have to write a report.

The second semster you have exams for Biology,Psychology and Physics but also coursework too.

The good thing is that it's not solely based on exam, you also have coursework too.
If you work hard it should be fine.

Good luck!!
Charlotteclaudia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m going, and I’m tryna find people in my accommodation, I’m in the James watt block 😊
dean19nine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone in James Watt and/or doing cyber security?
Shoib
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is anyone doing mechanical engineering and whats it like for the first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed