S.A.M123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I choose Health and Social Care level 3 in college can I be a physiotherapist
Or how can I be a physiotherapist meaning the courses can I choose
Arzoo Imran
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, why don't you look at the entry requirements of your chosen university to see if they accept BTEC or not. There are many other BTECs that you can do such as sports and applied science. From what I know, most universities accept BTEC, but mostly in sports and applied science. However some universities like the University of Bradford accept a BTEC in health.
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

The best thing to do is to research the universities you’re interested in via UCAS to see whether they accept health and social care as a level 3 qualification. A lot of unis that I have seen do so, but it’s best to check:

https://www.ucas.com
Hazzabear
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To become a physiotherapist, you’ll need to complete your level 3 qualification and then apply for physio therapy at university as an undergraduate. The course is approximately three years long, including work placements.
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by S.A.M123)
If I choose Health and Social Care level 3 in college can I be a physiotherapist
Hiya

If you look at a university course, you'll see the requirements i.e. Brighton https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/s...-bsc-hons.aspx

This is what they ask for and it will be very similar across the board. From the looks of it you'll need an A-level in human biology and biology too.

A-levels
ABB to include biology, human biology or PE.

BTEC Extended Diploma
DDM, and an A-level in biology or human biology at grade B.

International Baccalaureate
32 points.

Access to HE Diploma
A QAA-recognised Access to Science course which must include biological science. Pass with a total of 60 credits, 45 of which must be at level 3 (at least 30 distinctions and 15 merits), the remaining 15 credits will be at Level 2. Candidates should normally have GCSE maths and English grade C or grade 4, or an equivalent qualification.

Foundation degree
Considered on individual merit, but a high standard pass (70%) is required.

University of Brighton Enquiries
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by S.A.M123)
Hi S.A.M123

Our physio course can accept BTEC extended diplomas, but you would need a biology or human biology A-level alongside this. It's also a requirement that you have some experience volunteering with an NHS physiotherapist.

A great way to find out more about the course would be to chat to some of our current physio students and you can do this via our website here. We also have an open day coming up at our Eastbourne campus where the course is based. Open days give you chance not only to see our facilities, but also to meet some of the course team. You can register your interest and we will drop you an email when booking opens.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck with your college studies!

James - Student Room Rep :nyan:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads