The Student Room Group

Is it worth calling unis for clearing even if you don't have the required grades?

Like my friend applied for an AAB course, was offered BBB and got in with a CCC. I am in a predicament. Currently I have an offer to do a foundation year but I am thinking of raking a risk and go into clearing
Reply 1
universities want to fill spaces so there's a chance a diff one will take you through clearing....certainly worth a phone call you don't have to turn down the foundation year until you know your in somewhere else though clearing
Original post by HELLOBrine123
Like my friend applied for an AAB course, was offered BBB and got in with a CCC. I am in a predicament. Currently I have an offer to do a foundation year but I am thinking of raking a risk and go into clearing

It's not risky just to phone unis and see what they could offer you........what grades do you have and what subject are you interested in studying?

Hi,
What course are you looking at wanting to study?
We have plenty of clearing courses available, if you ring up on 0191 515 3000 one of our academics would be happy to speak to you to explore your options.

I'd definitely suggest looking into clearing first, to see what they can offer you before making a decision!

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

- Natalie :smile:
Hello! It's certainly worth calling the universities you're interested in to ask.

Good luck!

Godly
Aerospace Engineering student at Teesside University
(edited 4 years ago)
Depending how old you are you can get in with zero qualifications.
Yes, I got a lot of offers even though I was a couple of grades off.

Hey @HELLOBrine123

Congrats on your results and your foundation year offer :smile:

It's great that you want to explore all your options and are thinking about going into Clearing. Have you thought of any other courses you'd consider?

Feel free to take a look at the courses we're offering through Clearing here, or phone our Clearing Helpline to discuss your options on 0800 073 1225 :call:

Whichever university and course you decide to pick, I wish you the very best of luck :smile:

Becky
Hey everyone,
We have a number of places available at QMUL find out more by clicking here
Or call our clearing hotline
0800 376 1800 (UK)
+44 (0) 203 053 0793 (overseas)

Best of luck! We look forward to hearing from you

Quick Reply