Danash786
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m interested in studying law at Univeristy in 2020 and I currently do A level biology chemistry and sociology. (Ik don’t even get me started why I’d pick law) but anyways I was wondering for careers prospects and the training contract which is the best university to apply for?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Danash786)
So I’m interested in studying law at Univeristy in 2020 and I currently do A level biology chemistry and sociology. (Ik don’t even get me started why I’d pick law) but anyways I was wondering for careers prospects and the training contract which is the best university to apply for?
Aston obviously BCU is an awful university.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol Aston
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks for considering us, rather than throwing the typical marketing spiel at you; is there anything specific you would like to ask?

Josh
King Arthur 284
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aston obviously. Bcu is awful.
Danash786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Aston obviously BCU is an awful university.
Really? What makes you say BCU is terrible?
Danash786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi,

Thanks for considering us, rather than throwing the typical marketing spiel at you; is there anything specific you would like to ask?

Josh.
Hi there and to be honest it’s just mostly why should I consider Aston over BCU for Law when BCU has Lower entry requirements for the same law course and what benefits would there be over BCU?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
what about the University of Birmingham; that's arguably better than both Aston and BCU?
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what about the University of Birmingham; that's arguably better than both Aston and BCU?
In general yes it is better there are academically a handful of courses Aston is better in.

UoB has a better rep and is a proper big campus traditional university.
Danash786
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Realistically I can’t meet their requirements
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Realistically I can’t meet their requirements
what kind of grades do you think you'll get?
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!

In regards to preparing you for your career all of our Law degrees allow you to go on a year-long placement and most of our Law degrees are accredited by academic bodies and recognised by international professional bodies. Our Law School has both mock Crown and Magistrates courts mimicking the environment of the British legal system and we recently opened our Law Clinic where you can volunteer with local charitable legal advice providers and practise your law skills in an authentic work setting! You can check out everything in more detail here and if you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Keegan
Danash786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hey!

In regards to preparing you for your career all of our Law degrees allow you to go on a year-long placement and most of our Law degrees are accredited by academic bodies and recognised by international professional bodies. Our Law School has both mock Crown and Magistrates courts mimicking the environment of the British legal system and we recently opened our Law Clinic where you can volunteer with local charitable legal advice providers and practise your law skills in an authentic work setting! You can check out everything in more detail here and if you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Keegan
So which one would you recommend? Law or law with criminology?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there and to be honest it’s just mostly why should I consider Aston over BCU for Law when BCU has Lower entry requirements for the same law course and what benefits would there be over BCU?
Hi Danash,

Sorry for the slow reply, we’ve had university closure over the bank holiday weekend and are all getting back up to speed. Comparing the two courses using Unistats you’ll be pleased to know:

• Our Law course has a higher student satisfaction rate. 93% against 90%.
• A higher proportion of our students felt they were able to contact staff when needed and that the course is well organised.
• On average our graduates are earning £1,000 more six months after graduating.
• Our Law course is taught within our Business School which is ranked within the top 100 in the world in the QS Rankings.
• Our business school holds triple accreditation of which only 1% of business schools in the world hold.
• Our course is informed by employer engagement, meaning you’ll be taught the skills which are currently desired by industry.
•You’ll also have the opportunity to go out on placement, something which we have pioneered as a university and have been offering for over a decade now. We have a number of links with employers and an in house Careers and Placements team to offer you direct support in finding that all important placement, here is a video of one of our Law students; Robyn on placement at DAC Beachcroft LLP.

If there is anything else please give me a shout. Dr Lauren Traczykowski who teaches on the law course is also fairly active on twitter, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind you popping up if you had any courses specific questions - @ltraczy

Hope that helps, once again sorry for the slow reply
Josh
Danash786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi Danash,

Sorry for the slow reply, we’ve had university closure over the bank holiday weekend and are all getting back up to speed. Comparing the two courses using Unistats you’ll be pleased to know:

• Our Law course has a higher student satisfaction rate. 93% against 90%.
• A higher proportion of our students felt they were able to contact staff when needed and that the course is well organised.
• On average our graduates are earning £1,000 more six months after graduating.
• Our Law course is taught within our Business School which is ranked within the top 100 in the world in the QS Rankings.
• Our business school holds triple accreditation of which only 1% of business schools in the world hold.
• Our course is informed by employer engagement, meaning you’ll be taught the skills which are currently desired by industry.
•You’ll also have the opportunity to go out on placement, something which we have pioneered as a university and have been offering for over a decade now. We have a number of links with employers and an in house Careers and Placements team to offer you direct support in finding that all important placement, here is a video of one of our Law students; Robyn on placement at DAC Beachcroft LLP.

If there is anything else please give me a shout. Dr Lauren Traczykowski who teaches on the law course is also fairly active on twitter, I’m sure she wouldn’t mind you popping up if you had any courses specific questions - @ltraczy

Hope that helps, once again sorry for the slow reply
Josh
Thank you so much for your time and reply. will bear this in mind when applying for Unis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.79%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (105)
55.26%
No (74)
38.95%

Watched Threads