The Student Room Group

How long d university's take to formally accept the clearing offer they give you.

Hi there, I got into Newcastle uni to do law through clearing because I missed my firm by one grade AAB and I got AAC, so I rang Newcastle and they offered me a place and sent me a email to confirm. So I proceed to add it to my track, however they still haven't formally accepted. I'm nervous something will go wrong or they will decline me. Someone help. Thanks
Could take up to a day or two.
I'm going through clearing and they haven't confirmed yet, but they did in the email. If it's written, then you'll most likely be accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by screweverything
Could take up to a day or two.
I'm going through clearing and they haven't confirmed yet, but they did in the email. If it's written, then you'll most likely be accepted.

its all cool, literally after I wrote this they confirmed it :smile:
Original post by Jackson117
its all cool, literally after I wrote this they confirmed it :smile:

Congratulations!

For anyone else reading this thread nervously, it will likely be the case that your university is having to manually accept them as they come in, checking them off against the offers they have sent out. This year perhaps more than any before has been extremely busy for clearing, so a lot of admissions teams up and down the country are likely just taking a little bit of time to keep on top of this.

If you've been made an offer based on truthful information, universities will honour it, so don't panic! If you've not seen an update in a couple of days, give them a call - but it will be a matter of paperwork rather than any big issue :smile:

Jamie
Congratulations! I can echo what @Swansea University Enquiries stated! We are all really busy at the moment and we do have to manually cross check that the offers added to UCAS track are students we've given an offer to.

If you've already been given a clearing offer and added it to UCAS, please don't worry. If you haven't already looked at accommodation options though, now might be a good time to start checking that out.

Vicki

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending