The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Anyone here doing English Lit?

Loads of people in my school met their offers to come to KCL but none of them were taking English Literature. Anyone on here going to do English Literature? Anyone in Wolfson House? I'd also appreciate tips for any students already there. :smile:
Original post by _polaroid
Loads of people in my school met their offers to come to KCL but none of them were taking English Literature. Anyone on here going to do English Literature? Anyone in Wolfson House? I'd also appreciate tips for any students already there. :smile:

I'm doing English lit but it was my insurance so I need to apply for accommodation :/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by aboredstudent
I'm doing English lit but it was my insurance so I need to apply for accommodation :/

Congrats on getting in! What was your firm if I may ask? Also, I'm sure you're gonna be fine getting accommodation. :smile:
Congrats on getting in! What was your firm if I may ask? Also, I'm sure you're gonna be fine getting accommodation. :smile:

My firm was UCL but I missed the grades sadly :frown: but the King's course looks amazing and I'm actually pretty excited about it. Do you know if there is a reading list?
Original post by aboredstudent
My firm was UCL but I missed the grades sadly :frown: but the King's course looks amazing and I'm actually pretty excited about it. Do you know if there is a reading list?

Ah, I'm a Cambridge reject so I feel you, but frankly it will make little to no difference in the grand scheme of things. The course looks super awesome and the video on YT only makes me more excited. As for the reading list, I'm not sure but if you search the individual modules you can find suggesting reading. I'm not actually following them though - I suggest you just do a lot of reading of what you want.
Ah, I'm a Cambridge reject so I feel you, but frankly it will make little to no difference in the grand scheme of things. The course looks super awesome and the video on YT only makes me more excited. As for the reading list, I'm not sure but if you search the individual modules you can find suggesting reading. I'm not actually following them though - I suggest you just do a lot of reading of what you want.

Aww the Cambridge thing sucks, but honestly, King's looks amazing and I'm so excited for the course - the Shakespeare module and studying at the Globe is so cool. Even the study abroad - probably can't do that at Cambridge
Reply 6
Original post by username4911280

I'm doing English with Film :smile: So 80% english modules
Reply 7
Original post by username4911280

KCL is going to be awesome, and there's always postgrad for cambridge if you still want :smile: For the reading, I've looked at the module pages and it lists the preliminary reading that they expect you to do, but that might not be for the first seminar.
Original post by rsaw918
KCL is going to be awesome, and there's always postgrad for cambridge if you still want :smile: For the reading, I've looked at the module pages and it lists the preliminary reading that they expect you to do, but that might not be for the first seminar.

have you got your timetable already? I can't access mine for some reason

Quick Reply

Latest