The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Is Freshers Week compulsory?

So I know welcome week starts on 16th September but I have a concert that night - will it be okay if I go up to London in the afternoon, missing whatever event would be happening that night, and then come back up straight after at like 1 in the morning?
Original post by Anonymous
So I know welcome week starts on 16th September but I have a concert that night - will it be okay if I go up to London in the afternoon, missing whatever event would be happening that night, and then come back up straight after at like 1 in the morning?

Evening social events won't be compulsory, but you might have something compulsory from your school on the afternoon.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,
Freshers week isn't full of compulsory things, most of it is what you're interested in checking out so you definitely won't miss anything important going to your concert :smile: The only thing to make sure to do in Freshers week (other than attend any events organised by your course, although these are usually in the middle of the day) is to make sure you register in person in the sports hall and collect your student card. I'd recommend doing this as soon as you arrive so then you can enjoy your first weekend and your concert without worrying :smile: I hope that this helps put your mind at ease!
Go to registration and course specific events, everything else is your choice.
Honestly freshers isn't strictly compulsory all at, I know plenty of people who didn't go to any induction stuff and they ended up fine. Nobody checks and if they do they won't really do anything about it. I do know some people who regret not being there the first few nights because it is the time to socialize and meet everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending