The Student Room Group

Gcse

Hey, I am in year 10 right now(going into year 11 in around 2-3 weeks after the summer holidays finished) and I was going to ask when should I be revising for the gcses to get straight a*s. ( I am doing 8 gcses by the way)
Hi, I'm in exactly the same position as you and I start year 11 in about 3 weeks I think and I want the same grades as you too, I went on holiday and was pretty busy during the start of the holidays but I managed to make a timetable which I have stuck to, so my advice would be to start revising a bit now, focus on your weakest subjects and make sure you actually understand what you're revising, I think also revising every day for a set amount of time helps, don't do like 6 hours a day because it's still the summer so enjoy it, but maybe an hour or even 45 minutes a day? And once you start year 11 revise an hour or 2 a day depending on how much homework you get. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sophiathesecond
Hi, I'm in exactly the same position as you and I start year 11 in about 3 weeks I think and I want the same grades as you too, I went on holiday and was pretty busy during the start of the holidays but I managed to make a timetable which I have stuck to, so my advice would be to start revising a bit now, focus on your weakest subjects and make sure you actually understand what you're revising, I think also revising every day for a set amount of time helps, don't do like 6 hours a day because it's still the summer so enjoy it, but maybe an hour or even 45 minutes a day? And once you start year 11 revise an hour or 2 a day depending on how much homework you get. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask :smile:

Thank you for the advice but how many gcses are you doing and how do you revise for each subject?
I'm doing 10 gcses:

English Lit - memorise poem quotes and macbeth, jekyll and hyde and animal farm quotes, and doing past papers and mindmaps for each poem.
English Lang - creative writing practice questions and learning the definitions of harder words which I can then use in essays
History - mindmaps and past papers (mindmaps on here)
German - Kerboodle website and past papers
Biology - Freesciencelessons, CGP flashcards and Seneca
Chemistry - CGP flashcards and condensing notes and watching Freesciencelessons on youtube
Physics - CGP textbook practice questions and condensing notes and CGP flashcards
Maths - Past papers, literally do every past paper there is and if you get questions wrong, check the mark scheme and figure out what went wrong.
Food Tech - flashcards, mindmaps and past papers
RS - past papers and Quizlet
Reply 4
Original post by sophiathesecond
I'm doing 10 gcses:

English Lit - memorise poem quotes and macbeth, jekyll and hyde and animal farm quotes, and doing past papers and mindmaps for each poem.
English Lang - creative writing practice questions and learning the definitions of harder words which I can then use in essays
History - mindmaps and past papers (mindmaps on here)
German - Kerboodle website and past papers
Biology - Freesciencelessons, CGP flashcards and Seneca
Chemistry - CGP flashcards and condensing notes and watching Freesciencelessons on youtube
Physics - CGP textbook practice questions and condensing notes and CGP flashcards
Maths - Past papers, literally do every past paper there is and if you get questions wrong, check the mark scheme and figure out what went wrong.
Food Tech - flashcards, mindmaps and past papers
RS - past papers and Quizlet

Thank you for all the help!
Original post by Rolo1234
Thank you for all the help!

anytime :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest