The Student Room Group

What can I do with a BTEC Science??

My AS results weren't good in Biology and Chemistry, I got D's. This is shocking to me and was not expected especially because I've been working hard and internal exams showed I would do well. My school might make me do BTEC Science and drop Biology and Chemistry. I don't know much about BTEC's.
I wanted to study Medicine, is there an option e.g by doing biomedicine or another science degree with a BTEC Science. What are my options?
Original post by Ri012345
My AS results weren't good in Biology and Chemistry, I got D's. This is shocking to me and was not expected especially because I've been working hard and internal exams showed I would do well. My school might make me do BTEC Science and drop Biology and Chemistry. I don't know much about BTEC's.
I wanted to study Medicine, is there an option e.g by doing biomedicine or another science degree with a BTEC Science. What are my options?

I don't know about medicine (probably not) but you can get into other healthcare courses. such as nursing, midwifery and a number of allied health courses. Go to the university that you want to go and check the entry requirements.. there you can see if they accept BTEC and what grade.

Quick Reply

Latest