The Student Room Group

College course (NVQ?) & University part time at the same time?

Apologies as I wasn't sure which forum to post this on.
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not it was possible to study at college level and attend University at the same time.
I have a conditional offer to study BA Childhood & Youth Studies part time and I have just started a new job at a nursery and my boss has suggested putting me on the Level 2 Childcare qualification which would be one day a week at college.
I applied to University on a whim before I got this job and am delighted that I got the offer however a little stumped now on what to do for the best.
The degree should take me about 4-5 years and the course is only a year I believe if this helps in any way.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by evangelinie
Apologies as I wasn't sure which forum to post this on.
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not it was possible to study at college level and attend University at the same time.
I have a conditional offer to study BA Childhood & Youth Studies part time and I have just started a new job at a nursery and my boss has suggested putting me on the Level 2 Childcare qualification which would be one day a week at college.
I applied to University on a whim before I got this job and am delighted that I got the offer however a little stumped now on what to do for the best.
The degree should take me about 4-5 years and the course is only a year I believe if this helps in any way.
Thank you :smile:

See what your timetable is and if they clash.
Your degree should take priority.
I assume your boss is happy to pay?
Doable if you can manage co ordination. as a level 2 is only a GCSE and you will only be part time with the degree.
Talk to your boss and consider whether the level 2 course has enough utility, even in the short run. Manageable if timetables work and may be good for the job. Do a bit more research and it should answer itself.

Quick Reply

Latest