The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hi, thanks for making this thread!

Degree choice: Psychology
University choices: I'm thinking Oxford, York, Cardiff, Bath, and maybe Durham?
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Psychology, Maths, Biology
Predicted A2 grades: Not officially had them yet as I have resits in maths and bio when I go back to school, but I got A*A*A in my last exams
GCSE grades: 999998887A*
Fun fact about yourself: although I have no expertise in music i'm really interested in that side of psychology, specifically how it relates to our emotions, and emotions in general!
hello guys.

degree choice: Iam stuck between psychology and speech and language therapy. I may do both as a major and minor.
University choices: reading, city London, UCL < top three
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I study history, psychology and English literature
Predicted A2 grades: im predicted an A in psychology , and two Bs in English and history
GCSE grades: all 7s and one A
Fun fact about yourself: ---
Original post by sallycheh12345
hello guys.

degree choice: Iam stuck between psychology and speech and language therapy. I may do both as a major and minor.
University choices: reading, city London, UCL < top three
What subject(s) are currently studying?: I study history, psychology and English literature
Predicted A2 grades: im predicted an A in psychology , and two Bs in English and history
GCSE grades: all 7s and one A
Fun fact about yourself: ---

You can't do speech and language as a joint honours degree as it is a vocational course with placements
Yes I was looking through today and found that. It’s unfortunate.

At UCL they do language sciences with psychology. but it’s probably not the same as speech and language therapy.
Original post by sallycheh12345
Yes I was looking through today and found that. It’s unfortunate.

At UCL they do language sciences with psychology. but it’s probably not the same as speech and language therapy.

No it will be more the academic side of it. But you could do a speech and language therapy masters if you wanted after a psych degree
Hi I'm from South Africa. I am interested in the Psychology course for the year 2020.
Hey x good luck with applications!

Course: Psychology
A-levels: Maths, Economics, Chemistry
Predicted grades: A* A* A
GCSEs: 11A*s, 1A
University Choices: Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Bath, Warwick
Psychology
Keele, Lincoln, York, edgehill and one other yet to decide
Hoping to do,psychology too...Lincoln, York, Keele, edgehill and Stirling...
Hi, I'm NuttyPancake!

Degree choice: Psychology/ Psychology with Language Sciences
Universities: UCL, Queen Mary's, Birmingham, Southampton, East Anglia
Subjects: English Literature, Psychology and Sociology
A2 Predicted grades: A* (Eng Lit), A (Psych) and A (Sociology)
GCSE's: Mixture of A*s, A's, B's and C's
Fun fact: I am grade 8 in Violin and Viola :smile:
Reply 12
Hi I’m Tatum,Im applying to Durham, Oxford, Exeter, St. Andrews and EdinburghHas anyone received an offer from any of these units yet.
Psychology
Only Newcastle & Hull (others medicine)
Studying bio, chem and psychology
Predicted ABB
GCSES 777777666
I don't have a fun fact πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(already received an offer from Newcastle)
:h:
(edited 4 years ago)
University choices: Cambridge, Durham, Birmingham, Sussex, Royal Holloway
What subject(s) are you currently studying?: English Literature, Geography, Psychology
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 99988876A*A*
Fun fact: my favourite tv show is Brooklyn nine-nine (only fun fact I could think of)
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by georgia1989
University choices: Cambridge, Durham, Birmingham, Sussex, Royal Holloway
What subject(s) are you currently studying?: English Literature, Geography, Psychology
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A
GCSE grades: 99988876A*A*
Fun fact: my favourite tv show is Brooklyn nine-nine (only fun fact I could think of)
Good luck everyone! :smile:

I did Cambridge (St. Johns) and Durham (Hatfield) as well! Which colleges did you apply to?
Original post by awakealways
I did Cambridge (St. Johns) and Durham (Hatfield) as well! Which colleges did you apply to?

Cool! I applied to Newnham for Cambridge (beautiful architecture and gardens, really friendly too) and Van Mildert for Durham (I really loved the lake with the ducks!)
Achieved A*AA (Psychology,Maths,Geography respectively)
Bath
Durham
Loughborough
Keele
Chester/Derby haven't decided yet
Any offers yet .....?

Latest