The Student Room Group

Border Force 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manj_llb
Got my interview scheduled for this week at Heathrow. Any tips guys? My first official interview ever? Applied on 15 July Border Force External.

Relax, be yourself, pause before answering the questions. Make sure you follow up your answers with examples using STAR.
Reply 101
Got my interview scheduled for this week at Heathrow. Any tips guys? My first official interview ever? Applied on 15 July Border Force External.

Well done good luck
HiI got the interview, also this week, which day is your interview
Original post by Dhar007
HiI got the interview, also this week, which day is your interview

Thursday. Yours?
Reply 104
My feed back gave me only a 4 on the sift and I've had an email saying I'm on hold for 12 months. Has anyone moved on to getting an interview from a similar position?
Reply 105
Original post by Savoie
My feed back gave me only a 4 on the sift and I've had an email saying I'm on hold for 12 months. Has anyone moved on to getting an interview from a similar position?

Where have you applied for ?
Reply 106
North - Immingham
Original post by Savoie

Yes I got the same email I’m on a reserve list sorry that was after the interview I’m on reserve list
(edited 4 years ago)
Any update guys? I am waiting for some outcome everyday.

When and for where did you apply?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ahmad1075
When and for where did you apply?

July 2019 BFO position Heathrow. Currently on waiting list
July 2019 BFO position Heathrow. Currently on waiting list

On waiting list having been successful at interview? I applied in August 2019 for Edinburgh and Glasgow. Passed the competency sift and now awaiting interview. Haven't heard anything for a few weeks since being informed my application had been placed on hold pending vacancies at my preferred locations. I gather it's an elongated process that could take months. Hope you hear something soon though. With Heathrow I would have imagined the process wouldn't quite be as protracted considering they always seem to be recruiting a great number for that location.
(edited 4 years ago)

Anything? Nothing for me yet
Reply 113
Original post by Ahmad1075
On waiting list having been successful at interview? I applied in August 2019 for Edinburgh and Glasgow. Passed the competency sift and now awaiting interview. Haven't heard anything for a few weeks since being informed my application had been placed on hold pending vacancies at my preferred locations. I gather it's an elongated process that could take months. Hope you hear something soon though. With Heathrow I would have imagined the process wouldn't quite be as protracted considering they always seem to be recruiting a great number for that location.

I am waiting for an interview too, well I got a letter saying I was on hold for 12 months, but now I see that they are re-advertising the same jobs which seems strange if they have still not interviewed people. Should I re-apply in the hope that I can improve my sift score which was only a 4 or sit tight? If I do re-apply will that affect my current application?
Original post by Savoie
I am waiting for an interview too, well I got a letter saying I was on hold for 12 months, but now I see that they are re-advertising the same jobs which seems strange if they have still not interviewed people. Should I re-apply in the hope that I can improve my sift score which was only a 4 or sit tight? If I do re-apply will that affect my current application?

You could try but I understand that applying for a similar campaign again will see the latest application moved to 'Campaign duplicate' status, with your sift and test scores carried over from your initial application. Readvertising posts when the application process for the same positions from a previous campaign is still ongoing seems to be common practice within HO. It's highly frustrating and seems all a bit haphazard
Hi all,I applied for the same position and closing date of 30th August. I have had a reply on the 25th of September that said I met the required standard and have been placed on a wait list for 12 months. I will be contacts as and when opportunities arise in my area. Has anybody else had a similar response yet? I am really hoping that interviews in Newcastle open up in the next 12 months! I am sending good vibes to all you in here as I know we are all keen to get down to those final stages. Clara
Original post by Savoie

If they are the same jobs I seen then it was for apprentice AO to boarder force with a view to be made permanent after 18 months and successful completion of your apprenticeship. You can apply for this and it will not effect your other application as they are different grades and campaigns. Hope this helps. I have also put in for this one after emailing the HO recruitment team.
Unrelated to BF, but has anyone else applied for the Security Officer position at Gatwick? So far I have had no luck with finding someone who has.
Original post by TehZia19
Unrelated to BF, but has anyone else applied for the Security Officer position at Gatwick? So far I have had no luck with finding someone who has.

Sorry I can’t help much as that job is not in my area but if there are any questions about the application process I could try and answer them as I am currently in the civil service. Hope this helps.
Original post by Clara.vangogh
Sorry I can’t help much as that job is not in my area but if there are any questions about the application process I could try and answer them as I am currently in the civil service. Hope this helps.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. I have made it to the last interview stage but would like to know what else the last stage possibly entails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending