Isabel2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive done 4600 words worth of research on my current EPQ title which is "To what extent was life harder for citizens living in Athens than in Sparta?" but now when it comes to having all the information i think i can get on it i dont feel as though i can write a 5000 word dissertation. Im thinking of changing my title to "To what extent is forensic evidence key to getting a conviction and how has it developed over time?". I just need opinions on whether i should stick with my initial idea or try the second. I feel as though the second would be easier because i can use as many cases as i need and analyse them till i hit my 5000 word target.
Marshmallows1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I did my EPQ my teacher recommended that you can be in the 4500 to 5500-word limit, and it doesn't have to be 5000 words. I don't know if it is the same at your school. Regardless, it honestly depends on how much content you still need. If the second question gives you more things to talk about, then you should stick to that one. You often need to complete literature reviews for all written EPQs, for which you need to save 500 words.
Jay2610
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd go with the second title if it helps but here are some things to think about when making a title: make sure the title is completely clear and concise. What conviction(s) are you talking about? Over what period of time (dates?). As an outsider looking in, it's important for the person to know exactly what you're talking about. This will get you more marks Get those marks and good luck!!!
Isabel2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Jay2610)
I'd go with the second title if it helps but here are some things to think about when making a title: make sure the title is completely clear and concise. What conviction(s) are you talking about? Over what period of time (dates?). As an outsider looking in, it's important for the person to know exactly what you're talking about. This will get you more marks Get those marks and good luck!!!
Thank you thats really helpful advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.02%
I'm not sure (3)
1.84%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.52%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.84%
I'm not a current university student (73)
44.79%

Watched Threads