The Student Room Group

I failed my AS level

In this may/june 2019 session I gave my AS level. I have four subjects physics, chemistry, biology and maths I got UUU in bio,phy,chem And E in maths which is also even not a good grade Right now I am doing A2.And I need to finish my A levels with October 2020 So how can I finish? What things i need to do how can i improve myself?
And the main problem i am facing is that i can't remember anything what i studied i can remember it up to two days but again on the third day i need to learn again specially memorising in biology
And I have a really bad basics in phy and chem During my IGCSE i self studied phy and chem and ended up with a C in both But now what can I do.I am really stressed about it.Would be really kind if you guys can give me suggestionsThanks in advance ❤️❤️❤️
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
maybe resit the year 12? what options does your college give when you get U's?
Reply 2
But if i resit for year 12 when I will do year 13
I need to finish within oct 2020.
Our college doesn't provide any options
It depends on us
Choices are ours
Reply 3
Honest truth - YOU WON'T be able to finish by October 2020.

With UUUE you most definitely have to restart from the beginning.
:angry:YOU need to GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
AND EXECUTE THINGS THAT MATTER FOR YOUR FUTURE
SELF STUDY MAKE NOTES INTENSIVELY and LEARN . THEN U will get Your desired result!:smile:
Original post by Aliya36
In this may/june 2019 session I gave my AS level. I have four subjects physics, chemistry, biology and maths I got UUU in bio,phy,chem And E in maths which is also even not a good grade Right now I am doing A2.And I need to finish my A levels with October 2020 So how can I finish? What things i need to do how can i improve myself?
And the main problem i am facing is that i can't remember anything what i studied i can remember it up to two days but again on the third day i need to learn again specially memorising in biology
And I have a really bad basics in phy and chem During my IGCSE i self studied phy and chem and ended up with a C in both But now what can I do.I am really stressed about it.Would be really kind if you guys can give me suggestionsThanks in advance ❤️❤️❤️
Reply 5
Original post by Agrith
Honest truth - YOU WON'T be able to finish by October 2020.

With UUUE you most definitely have to restart from the beginning.

Restart from the beginning is quite impossible for me 😞😞😞
What other things can I do?
Reply 6
Original post by mindreader101
:angry:YOU need to GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
AND EXECUTE THINGS THAT MATTER FOR YOUR FUTURE
SELF STUDY MAKE NOTES INTENSIVELY and LEARN . THEN U will get Your desired result!:smile:

What can I do for not forgetting what i can read or memorized
This is one of the biggest problem that o can't seriously remember anything:frown:
With UUUE, Youre gonna need to start with AS content first, A level scienc
es are much harder than their GCSE equivalents.
Listen, if you want to finish by October 2020, that gives u just over a year, so spend the first 6 months doing AS, Then final 6 months doing A2, ALSO DONT DO 4 A LEVELS! You have enough disadvantages as it is, keep 3, what are you trying to do? Medicine? Commerce? Engineering, choose your subjects accordingly, and drop 1, no uni asks for 4, even top unis will accept you on 3 A levels

Get through AS , make notes, and watch videos on youtube to understand each topic individually, then do practice questions on each topic from websites (im sure ull find some, theres so many recources), after youre sure u know the topic well enough, move on to the next one, then once ur done all the topics, go over all the content again (read over ur notes) and start past papers. You can do it, but it will be a lot of effort if youre starting from UUUE. Then start A2 after youre done AS

For help on remembering things, make flashcards and write things down, do questions to consolidate your knowledge , you wont forget it then
The reason you cant go onto A2 without re learning AS is because with chem and math, youll need a lot of that AS foundation to continue, its no good getting a U at AS and expecting to understand anything from A2

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me any questions, I got AABB in my AS exams yesterday (A in math and phys, B in chem and eco)
Reply 8
Original post by Switch01
With UUUE, Youre gonna need to start with AS content first, A level scienc
es are much harder than their GCSE equivalents.
Listen, if you want to finish by October 2020, that gives u just over a year, so spend the first 6 months doing AS, Then final 6 months doing A2, ALSO DONT DO 4 A LEVELS! You have enough disadvantages as it is, keep 3, what are you trying to do? Medicine? Commerce? Engineering, choose your subjects accordingly, and drop 1, no uni asks for 4, even top unis will accept you on 3 A levels

Get through AS , make notes, and watch videos on youtube to understand each topic individually, then do practice questions on each topic from websites (im sure ull find some, theres so many recources), after youre sure u know the topic well enough, move on to the next one, then once ur done all the topics, go over all the content again (read over ur notes) and start past papers. You can do it, but it will be a lot of effort if youre starting from UUUE. Then start A2 after youre done AS

For help on remembering things, make flashcards and write things down, do questions to consolidate your knowledge , you wont forget it then
The reason you cant go onto A2 without re learning AS is because with chem and math, youll need a lot of that AS foundation to continue, its no good getting a U at AS and expecting to understand anything from A2

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me any questions, I got AABB in my AS exams yesterday (A in math and phys, B in chem and eco)

Thank you so much for your advices.
And can u suggest how can I effectively study for AS

Quick Reply

Latest