Nikki I Guess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm really struggling with where to go for uni, I love cities and places full of art so that I'm inspired, I'm looking to do something along the lines of abstract photography or filmmaking/film production, but of course I want to go to a uni that's going to help me afterwards too like perhaps a year in the industry? After year 12 I received 3 Cs, Any recommendations?
Diverial
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there! I guess it mostly depends on what you want to do specifically. I mean, I know that you are interested in photography, videography and arts, but it would be easier for you to just focus on one industry.
I was in the same position a year ago, and I had the same struggles in choosing a university and also choosing a course that I'm passionate about and it's worth doing. In the end, I chose Graphic and Digital Design as you can combine photography, analogue and digital design skills, as well as some video sketches or video essays.
The best universities for film are: Middlesex, King's College, University of Kent and with a bit of salt - the University of Westminster (although I heard from people who go there that it isn't that great for film prod.).
For art: Goldsmiths, UAL, UCL and depending on what specifically Greenwich.
Hope it helps you in choosing your path (:
StudentRep Annabel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nikki I Guess)
I'm really struggling with where to go for uni, I love cities and places full of art so that I'm inspired, I'm looking to do something along the lines of abstract photography or filmmaking/film production, but of course I want to go to a uni that's going to help me afterwards too like perhaps a year in the industry? After year 12 I received 3 Cs, Any recommendations?
Hey there,
Deciding where to go to university can be really tricky! I'd definitely recommend checking out the modules on offer at each university you look at and decide which course structure appeals to you the most as this can really shape your academic experience If you're interested, Kent sounds like it could be a great uni for you! Canterbury is a beautiful city full of so much history and beautiful gardens and rivers. Also, the arts school at Kent is really active and constantly has exhibitions on for anyone to come along to
If you study Film at Kent then they offer great year abroad and year in industry programs which can really help you be one step ahead in terms of industry experience when you graduate. Here is the link to the Film course page at Kent in case you'd like to check it out! Kent is ranked 3rd in the country for its Film course too so you would come out with a highly regarded qualification too
I've loved studying at Kent so if you have any questions about Kent at all please feel free to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?