2019london
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, The PWC graduate associate role is offering me £18,900, this role is based in Belfast, however you may be required to travel away depending on the client. I think £18,900 is pretty low for PWC considering they are a huge company. Please give me some advise on if this is completely shocking and if I should consider it?
HeyThereHarry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 2019london)
Hi guys, The PWC graduate associate role is offering me £18,900, this role is based in Belfast, however you may be required to travel away depending on the client. I think £18,900 is pretty low for PWC considering they are a huge company. Please give me some advise on if this is completely shocking and if I should consider it?
I'm about to join PwC in London on 28k, and am under the impression that regional offices in England are 25k or just below/above that, so your offer does strike me as low, yes. That said, I'm unfamiliar with the market/salary situation in Belfast — surely this must be competitive with the other big-four offices in Belfast or else they wouldn't have offered it? I'm also unfamiliar with costs of living in Belfast vs regional cities in England but again maybe this works out comparably.

Hopefully someone working at big 4 in Belfast can respond to give you some more context.
retardis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This seems odd, as a business placement student you get 18k and I can't speak for other offices but I think Birmingham first year associates are on 22k. I'd have a look to see how Belfast salaries compare to any cities in England to get a better idea of if this is fair.
oakroys
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Leeds are on £21k.
conordean66
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have a friend in Belfast at GT who is on 18k so that sounds about right for first year in belfast
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sounds about right to me. I think PWC use the Belfast grads to fly around helping other offices so you should get some great experience.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s about right in Belfast - CoL is low compared to mainland U.K. and North regions are around £20-£22k where CoL is marginally higher. You’ll have more disposable income than grads in London on £28k.
steph0468
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends where you are and what line of service you are in. London is about £28k for most LoS (tax etc.), I believe audit is ever so slightly higher and from what I have heard, consulting is the highest (£33k approx).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)