Should I start reading material for university now? Watch

Thidical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've secured a spot at university for aerospace and just browsing the course material I see there are loadsss of "essential" books to read let alone "recommended" in the reading lists

Is it worthwhile reading over some of the first semester stuff in a .pdf? I understand that not all of the content within the books needs to be read, but I think I can give a good guess at what does need to be read within them

Cheers
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Thidical)
I've secured a spot at university for aerospace and just browsing the course material I see there are loadsss of "essential" books to read let alone "recommended" in the reading lists

Is it worthwhile reading over some of the first semester stuff in a .pdf? I understand that not all of the content within the books needs to be read, but I think I can give a good guess at what does need to be read within them

Cheers
You don't really need to start yet. As you say you could guess but you won't know for sure .
Thidical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
You don't really need to start yet. As you say you could guess but you won't know for sure .
Ok thanks
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not worth it tbh. Courses always seem to have a huge list of textbooks but from my experience they'll just list them if they have any kind of relevance to the course rather than books that closely follow what you'll be learning. University level textbooks are different to A-Level in that they go far more into depth and don't follow a specification. I.e. what's relevant to you in a given textbook might only span a few pages per chapter (out of like 1000+ pages) and you won't know how far into detail you need to read before starting the course.

Don't purposely take time out of your day to do so, but if you're bored then it won't hurt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads