A-Level Equivalent?? Do I have 2 A-Levels?? Watch

honor532
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So where to start?

From September 2018-June 2019 I studied Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare, Learning and Development. I haven't received any information whether or not I passed the course. I know that it gives me a qualification to work with children but I also heard that the Level 3 diploma is equivalent to 2 A-Levels. I am unsure whether or not this is correct for the course I did. So do I have 2 A-Levels and a qualification in Childcare or just the qualification?

I am going back to tech to study Level 3 Extended Diploma in Childcare which I know is equivalent to 3 A-Levels so I have a chance next year to leave with 3 A-Levels and UCAS points.

So is it possible after 3 years of Tech, I'll be leaving with 3 qualifications equivalent to 6 A-Levels (I studied Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care 2 years ago and gained an A-Level completing that.)

I really hope that made sense. THANK YOU!!!
bamtutor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
So you don't have A levels and a Childcare qualification and no you won't have a 6 A level equivalent next year.

If you have just completed the Diploma this year, it is equivalent to 2 A levels. When you go back next year, you will complete the remaining units to gain an Extended Diploma. This Ext Diploma is equivalent to 3 A levels overall (this equivalence is for UCAS and Apprenticeship purposes).
You also have the extra A level equivalent for the old Sub Diploma, so that should give you the equivalence of 4 (but this is unusual, as if you had the Sub Dip, the college should have got you to complete the second year of the Ext Dip then, without doing the Diploma again)
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You don't get a qualification AND a-levels, you get a qualification that is EQUIVALENT to a-levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (91)
18.92%
Labour (238)
49.48%
Liberal Democrats (63)
13.1%
Green Party (29)
6.03%
Brexit Party (6)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.62%
SNP (10)
2.08%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)