Hamzy79
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
All aston uni optometry students, what a -level grades did you get in with?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
I got in with BBC which I was very surprised with. I took two science subjects (Chem and maths) whicj they wanted AA but I got BC. wbu
Hamzy79
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got in with BBC which I was very surprised with. I took two science subjects (Chem and maths) whicj they wanted AA but I got BC. wbu
Got ABB this year but not applied yet, do you know what anyone else got?
fauziaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I got in with AAB, surprisingly their clearing grade requirements are much higher this year it was BBC / BCC last year
imsofkntired
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m thinking of applying for Optom this year to study in 2020 and I got ABB and like I’m scared I’m not gonna get in obvs because nearly all of the unis want AAB so I don’t know?🥺
Hnm2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imsofkntired)
I’m thinking of applying for Optom this year to study in 2020 and I got ABB and like I’m scared I’m not gonna get in obvs because nearly all of the unis want AAB so I don’t know?🥺
You can get in with ABB for sure. I got BBC and got in cuz your firm university tend to be more lenient w you if you put them as your firm choice
Hamzy79
Rep:
(Original post by Hnm2001)
You can get in with ABB for sure. I got BBC and got in cuz your firm university tend to be more lenient w you if you put them as your firm choice
What year did u apply
Hnm2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hamzy79)
What year did u apply
Gtsdfv543578
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by imsofkntired)
Hiii,

I will be studying Optometry this year too in September, managed to secure a place at aston uni on results day!
Are you excited?
Will be nice to know someone,
the names Sabah
mjali1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Gtsdfv543578)
Hiii,

I will be studying Optometry this year too in September, managed to secure a place at aston uni on results day!
Are you excited?
Will be nice to know someone,
the names Sabah
Hey Sabah. I’m applying for Aston Uni for Optometry 2021. If you don’t mind me asking what grades did you get into Aston with? I’m so nervous.

Also what sort of questions do they ask for the interviews? Hope your enjoying your course!!
Ha loL
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey

I've been shortlisted for an interview at aston for optom, anybody got any ideas on questions they're likely to ask?
mjali1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Ha loL)
Hey

I've been shortlisted for an interview at aston for optom, anybody got any ideas on questions they're likely to ask?
Same I got invited for an interview. Mine is in Feb. I’m not really sure what questions they ask but from their website probably stuff like “why optometry” and what relevant skills do you have?

Hope that helps
Ha loL
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by mjali1)
Same I got invited for an interview. Mine is in Feb. I’m not really sure what questions they ask but from their website probably stuff like “why optometry” and what relevant skills do you have?

Hope that helps
Yea it does thanks
Is your interview at Aston?
Did u find out you were getting an interview by email or text?
Student2070
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey

Hey, I have applied to Aston uni for optom too. I just wanted to know how long did it take for them to give you an interview date?
Thanks
Ha loL
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Student2070)
Hey, I have applied to Aston uni for optom too. I just wanted to know how long did it take for them to give you an interview date?
Thanks
They sent me a text message like 2 days after saying I've got an interview, however I'm still waiting for an email confirming the dates and its been around 3 days since that
Student2070
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
They sent me a text message like 2 days after saying I've got an interview, however I'm still waiting for an email confirming the dates and its been around 3 days since that
Oh okay.
Can I ask what were your predicted grades?
Last edited by Student2070; 11 months ago
Ha loL
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Oh okay.
Can I ask what were your predicted grades?
They're ABC in Bio, Maths and business.
So yea even I was suprised that I got a reply
What are yours? if you dont mind me asking
Student2070
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
They're ABC in Bio, Maths and business.
So yea even I was suprised that I got a reply
What are yours? if you dont mind me asking
That’s great!
BBB in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
I just seen off my application last Friday.
mjali1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Yea it does thanks
Is your interview at Aston?
Did u find out you were getting an interview by email or text?
Yeah it’s for Aston. I got both an text telling me to check my emails which gave the specifics for the interview
Ha loL
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
That’s great!
BBB in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
I just seen off my application last Friday.
Nice
I reckon you'll get a reply pretty soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (33)
32.04%
Yes - a trusted person (24)
23.3%
No (31)
30.1%
I'm not sure (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed