Aston Uni Optometry

Watch
sanxaa
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mjali1)
Same I got invited for an interview. Mine is in Feb. I’m not really sure what questions they ask but from their website probably stuff like “why optometry” and what relevant skills do you have?

Hope that helps
Hey, i had my interview a few weeks ago and got an offer. The interview is alot more relaxed. It's with two people, one of them is a student I'm guessing who already does Optometry. They ask about why you chose the uni in comparison to others and just a bit about yourself. The interviewers are very friendly and its okay to be abit nervous at the start but the interview is kinda like a normal convo. They did like hearing about any experience I had etc. so I would include any relevant skills and experience etc.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sanxaa)
Hey, i had my interview a few weeks ago and got an offer. The interview is alot more relaxed. It's with two people, one of them is a student I'm guessing who already does Optometry. They ask about why you chose the uni in comparison to others and just a bit about yourself. The interviewers are very friendly and its okay to be abit nervous at the start but the interview is kinda like a normal convo. They did like hearing about any experience I had etc. so I would include any relevant skills and experience etc.
I've recently received an interview confirmation email but it doesn't state an interview date. Does it apply to all applicants?
Student2070
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've recently received an interview confirmation email but it doesn't state an interview date. Does it apply to all applicants?
It should state a date and time. I received an email a few weeks ago and my interview date is 27th February. They may send you further details later?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student2070)
It should state a date and time. I received an email a few weeks ago and my interview date is 27th February. They may send you further details later?
Note your interview date and time in your calendar. The specific times for your student experience talk and interview can be found below:
Your Welcome Talk will start at on , please join by clicking on this link:

This is what I received in my email. Just curious why there is a big space and no link, I thought everyone has the same issue. Should I send an email to ask about that?
Student2070
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Note your interview date and time in your calendar. The specific times for your student experience talk and interview can be found below:
Your Welcome Talk will start at on , please join by clicking on this link:

This is what I received in my email. Just curious why there is a big space and no link, I thought everyone has the same issue. Should I send an email to ask about that?
Yes I think you should send an email as they may have not filled out the email properly. There should be two links: one for the welcome talk and one for your interview lobby.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Yes I think you should send an email as they may have not filled out the email properly. There should be two links: one for the welcome talk and one for your interview lobby.
Ohh Okok thanks for your help!
Ha loL
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you think it would matter if you dont have any experience? I was due to get some around this time but due to covid it got cancelled.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
My interview will be held in March. Can you give me some advices after your interview? I really want to receive an offer from Aston, thanks!
Student2070
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My interview will be held in March. Can you give me some advices after your interview? I really want to receive an offer from Aston, thanks!
That’s great! Yes of course I will😄
sanxaa
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ha loL)
Do you think it would matter if you dont have any experience? I was due to get some around this time but due to covid it got cancelled.
I would suggest to talk about something else about visual health and your interests regarding optometry. I added the experience bit myself but they didn't ask me anything about experience.
sanxaa
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Im not sure, I received an email with a time and date and also a text. I guess you should wait for a follow up email.
flappyduck21
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just smile and pretend your talking to your best friend You've got the place already go in with that mentality!
mjali1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Im not sure, I received an email with a time and date and also a text. I guess you should wait for a follow up email.
Hey! I was wondering if you got your offer for optom from Aston. If so, what was the offer and what a levels do you study?

Thanks
Student2070
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mjali1)
Hey! I was wondering if you got your offer for optom from Aston. If so, what was the offer and what a levels do you study?

Thanks
Hey! Yes I got an offer of ABB from Aston. They got back to me within 2/3 days. I study a levels in Chemistry,Biology and Psychology
nikki918
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Yes I got an offer of ABB from Aston. They got back to me within 2/3 days. I study a levels in Chemistry,Biology and Psychology
hey was this an contextual offer? because aston entry requirements on their websites says if your studying 2 sciences is AAA
Student2070
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, yes it was a contextual offer, most of the people I knew got this offer too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.55%
October 2021 (247)
44.91%
November 2021 (66)
12%
December 2021 (69)
12.55%
January 2021 (71)
12.91%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8%