When is the Jordan 12 "FIBA" releasing Watch

DR.DOOM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I do not know where the sneaker/shoes board is on this forum so I'd assume people who like sneakers browse this area. News sites keep showing that the Jordan 12 FIBA is supposed to release on the 23rd (Friday) next week whereas others show it will release on the 24th (Saturday). The UK Footlocker release dates currently show that it will release on the 24th but the "date is subject to change".

When is it releasing? also, these can't be limited because they're doing a full family size run right? I really want these because I've always wanted a pair of 12s and I was unable to get the masters three years ago (it was really unlucky), I also wasn't able to get the 1 Gym reds last month so I pray I get these ones :L
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
I do not know where the sneaker/shoes board is on this forum so I'd assume people who like sneakers browse this area. News sites keep showing that the Jordan 12 FIBA is supposed to release on the 23rd (Friday) next week whereas others show it will release on the 24th (Saturday). The UK Footlocker release dates currently show that it will release on the 24th but the "date is subject to change".

When is it releasing? also, these can't be limited because they're doing a full family size run right? I really want these because I've always wanted a pair of 12s and I was unable to get the masters three years ago (it was really unlucky), I also wasn't able to get the 1 Gym reds last month so I pray I get these ones :L
I like browsing different types of shoes from time to time (not really Jordan's but I am very familiar with them and due to keeping my eye out on new releases of other brands, I will occasionally see an advertisement for Jordan's so I hope I can be of some help to you).

I had a read at your post and done some research, and I seen countless articles (lots which also stated that they were doing a full family size) which state that they are releasing them on the 23rd August 2019. Using reasoning, I'd expect that this would be the release date as I don't see why they would be advertising it if it wasn't. It wouldn't make sense. As for others that advertise the release date as the 24th August (such as Footlocker with a date that "is subject to change", it could mean various things like they may not have them in stock until a later date, or even they may even get them on the 23rd), logical reasoning would suggest that their stock may not be a day late.
Last edited by Strelzo; 1 month ago
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Strelzo)
I had a read at your post and done some research, and I seen countless articles (lots which also stated that they were doing a full family size) which state that they are releasing them on the 23rd August 2019. Using reasoning, I'd expect that this would be the release date as I don't see why they would be advertising it if it wasn't. It wouldn't make sense. As for others that advertise the release date as the 24th August (such as Footlocker with a date that "is subject to change", it could mean various things like they may not have them in stock until a later date, or even they may even get them on the 23rd), logical reasoning would suggest that their stock may not be a day late.
I see, I was hoping it would be the 24th because I will be busy on the morning of the release on the 23rd. I guess I'm gonna have to use my phone to get them or I'm going to have to get a family member to get them for me. Dam, I really hope I get these D:
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see, I was hoping it would be the 24th because I will be busy on the morning of the release on the 23rd. I guess I'm gonna have to use my phone to get them or I'm going to have to get a family member to get them for me. Dam, I really hope I get these D:
I'm sure if you plan ahead you should be good. A family member would be a good shot, just remember to tell them the exact time so that they don't miss it. And then pester them with messages in the remaining minutes for the shoes being released reminding them lol.
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
I'm sure if you plan ahead you should be good. A family member would be a good shot, just remember to tell them the exact time so that they don't miss it. And then pester them with messages in the remaining minutes for the shoes being released reminding them lol.
Just another question, do you think that these will sell out instantly or will they be easier to get than last months jordan 1 gym reds? I got the concords last year very easily (and that was also a full size run) so I'm wondering. Then again, it is uncertain as to whether it will be a full size run here. Do you also think that because it's sponsoring a Chinese event, there may be a boycott over it due to the tensions in Honk Kong? this isn't to mix any politics into it but it may have an impact on sales
Last edited by DR.DOOM; 1 month ago
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just another question, do you think that these will sell out instantly or will they be easier to get than last months jordan 1 gym reds? I got the concords last year very easily (and that was also a full size run) so I'm wondering. Then again, it is uncertain as to whether it will be a full size run here. Do you also think that because it's sponsoring a Chinese event, there may be a boycott over it due to the tensions in Honk Kong? this isn't to mix any politics into it but it may have an impact on sales
*First of all sorry for the late reply, whenever I respond to threads, I keep them open in tabs and go by one by one, and I must have closed this by accident; but it sprung to the top of my mind when I seen an article in the paper about the Jordan's.*

Hmm that's a hard one. I think I would say these might be harder to get. I, for one, like the style of the Jordan 12 Fiba's better than the Jordan 1 Gym Red's. They are more expensive and hence more valuable, so perhaps hardcore shoe collectors will pounce on this opportunity. If they get it the sooner it comes out, the more that they can resell it for when they are their highest demand.

And also, I don't think the Chinese event will have any impact on it (I didn't even know about that, so it just shows how unaware most of us can be; and for that reason I don't believe there will be a boycott).
DR.DOOM
Rep:
?
Hmm that's a hard one. I think I would say these might be harder to get. I, for one, like the style of the Jordan 12 Fiba's better than the Jordan 1 Gym Red's. They are more expensive and hence more valuable, so perhaps hardcore shoe collectors will pounce on this opportunity. If they get it the sooner it comes out, the more that they can resell it for when they are their highest demand.

And also, I don't think the Chinese event will have any impact on it (I didn't even know about that, so it just shows how unaware most of us can be; and for that reason I don't believe there will be a boycott).
It's okay, I can understand why reply's may be late. At the moment, the Jordan 12 FIBA goes for £223 for my size (8.5) on stock X whereas the Jordan 1 Gym red goes for £276. I would think that these 12s may be a bit easier because of the amount they are releasing but this depends on whether there will actually be a full size run in the UK. In addition to this, a lot of people have managed to get them early (I still don't get how they do this). Then again, they are in really high demand and I follow sneakernews where over 1500 people rated them up, so it may be a quick sell out due to the brilliance in it's design. I'm just hoping I can get it, I really want them and I hope I'm not done dirty this time like last month with the gym reds or three years back when I couldn't get the masters (when I see a pair of masters, it hits me >:L)
Davidgregogi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
please tell me you didnt pay 276 for gym reds lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed