a222666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got 4 B's and a C in my higher exam results and i don't know what to do at university.
Marimar001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by a222666)
I got 4 B's and a C in my higher exam results and i don't know what to do at university.
In my opinion, I would choose what I would do in uni based on what subjects I had done in A-level, for example, if I had done physics and maths for two of my subjects I would consider taking the physics diploma and becoming an astrologist. But make sure you think about what you want to do, and believe me you should do only the things that you like because you will have to work that job for nearly all your life.
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
In what subjects?
a222666
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
In what subjects?
Maths C English,Computing,Biology and Chemistry at a B
a222666
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marimar001)
In my opinion, I would choose what I would do in uni based on what subjects I had done in A-level, for example, if I had done physics and maths for two of my subjects I would consider taking the physics diploma and becoming an astrologist. But make sure you think about what you want to do, and believe me you should do only the things that you like because you will have to work that job for nearly all your life.
Thanks but that's the thing I don't really know what I like and i don't feel like my results are that good
Marimar001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maths C English,Computing,Biology and Chemistry at a B
I get what you mean, I think you should try finding little things you like. What made you want to pick the A-levels you have picked?

Did you like the experiments in chemistry better or in biology? (if you liked the dissecting experiments, you can do a major on medicine, or if you liked chemistry you can be a forensic scientist)

Do you like being on your computer more than anything else? (you can major in computer science and become a computer engineer)

Do you like debating? (I have done some research and found out you can do any A-levels you want and you can still do a major in law in uni).

I think you should ask yourself these questions. I don't want to seem as the type that ask too many questions, I just want to help you.
Marimar001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks but that's the thing I don't really know what I like and i don't feel like my results are that good
I think you are the type of person that is somewhat not satisfied with what you do, and I get that because I think that somewhat everybody is like that. I think that its good to want to do better and better all the type and to push yourself to achieve more but I don't think that you should think that a B or a C is not good, as long as you tried to do your best then that is good. I feel like you need to remember that you have done 4 A-levels which not many are able to do because that is 800 hours of studying constantly with no sleep for 33 days, and to think that you might have been going through things/ family problems to me that is amazing and that shows dedication.

Yes, getting all A's/A*'s would be excellent but the fact that you were able to do all 4 A-levels AND get grades of C and Bs that is amazing. I know me saying this will not have a big affect to you but I just want you to know that the fact that you were able to get those grades is very very very good, especially when the country's A-level performance is 25.5pc.
angelinahx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't go to university if you don't know what you want to do, you're actively wasting your time and your money.
a222666
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marimar001)
I get what you mean, I think you should try finding little things you like. What made you want to pick the A-levels you have picked?

Did you like the experiments in chemistry better or in biology? (if you liked the dissecting experiments, you can do a major on medicine, or if you liked chemistry you can be a forensic scientist)

Do you like being on your computer more than anything else? (you can major in computer science and become a computer engineer)

Do you like debating? (I have done some research and found out you can do any A-levels you want and you can still do a major in law in uni).

I think you should ask yourself these questions. I don't want to seem as the type that ask too many questions, I just want to help you.
Thanks i appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate