Retake a levels or foundation course? Watch

The cupcake
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, can someone explain to me if foundation year is worth it and if they’re acc successful in the future, of should I retake
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The cupcake)
Hello, can someone explain to me if foundation year is worth it and if they’re acc successful in the future, of should I retake
depends why you think your a levels didnt go as well as you hoped? if they dont suit you then a foundation course can work quite well.
ShireBarre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
IM doing foundation
The cupcake
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
depends why you think your a levels didnt go as well as you hoped? if they dont suit you then a foundation course can work quite well.
I got c’s and and e and I don’t know if I should retake it or should I do the foundation year.
Honestly I don’t want to go back to sixth form so that why I was thinking should I carry on with the foundation year. I’m just scared my thinking today will impact my future badly.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got c’s and and e and I don’t know if I should retake it or should I do the foundation year.
Honestly I don’t want to go back to sixth form so that why I was thinking should I carry on with the foundation year. I’m just scared my thinking today will impact my future badly.
I got BEE in my a levels and after a couple of assignments got firsts in most of them at university, if you don't feel motivated to go back to sixth form and resit it sounds like a foundation year is a good option for you.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Foundation years can work really well for some people, but in my opinion, they do come with lots of caveats.

Questions I'd ask about a foundation year:

-Does passing the year guarantee automatic progression on to an undergrad course at this uni?

-What percentage of students pass the year?

-What proportion of students go on to complete an undergraduate degree? What grades do these students get?

-Who is teaching the foundation year? What sort of support is offered?

Don't forget a foundation year uses up you "+1" year of funding which may cause problems if you need to retake a year during uni.

Can you retake at your current school? Would you attend lessons etc as normal?
ColtonH5364
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a gap year really really makes a difference
I’d go for a gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (101)
68.24%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
18.24%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed