Would I be able to do a biomed Msc after doing Global health and social medicine BA? Watch

usnu3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for biomed degree but my A-level results didn't meet the requirements and the uni offered Global health and social medicine degree to me instead but it is a BA. Would I be able to do a masters in biomed after graduating this course? I have no interest in retaking my A-levels but I am considering going into clearing if the course I am offered won't allow me to study biomed after graduating.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by usnu3)
I applied for biomed degree but my A-level results didn't meet the requirements and the uni offered Global health and social medicine degree to me instead but it is a BA. Would I be able to do a masters in biomed after graduating this course? I have no interest in retaking my A-levels but I am considering going into clearing if the course I am offered won't allow me to study biomed after graduating.
I'm sorry you didn't get the grades to do biomed. Have you looked at the entry requirements for the masters?
usnu3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
I'm sorry you didn't get the grades to do biomed. Have you looked at the entry requirements for the masters?
Yes they want a 2:1 first degree in a biological, molecular biological or biomedical sciences-related subject. Is GH & SM (BA instead of BSC) considered a biomedical science related subject?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by usnu3)
Yes they want a 2:1 first degree in a biological, molecular biological or biomedical sciences-related subject. Is GH & SM (BA instead of BSC) considered a biomedical science related subject?
My limited experience of the area would indicate no, because of it being a BA. But hopefully someone with more knowledge of bio-related sciences will be able to tell you. Have you found any alternative courses you want to apply for in Clearing?
usnu3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
My limited experience of the area would indicate no, because of it being a BA. But hopefully someone with more knowledge of bio-related sciences will be able to tell you. Have you found any alternative courses you want to apply for in Clearing?
I am considering biochemistry at QMUL to apply through clearing.
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by usnu3)
That sounds like a more appropriate course. Are places still available? Or have you got an offer already?
anonymousmoon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by usnu3)
heyy, let me know if you take on Biochem, I'll be doing it at qm too (:
wonwoos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you doing GH&SM BA at King's??
im in your exact same position...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (29)
6.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (245)
58.47%
No (145)
34.61%

Watched Threads