Want more information about this university?
maariyahi53
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, anyone got into optometry at Huddersfield? If so, how are you feeling? There's only 30 people on the course lol
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hi I am also on this course and they did say there are 30 places (subject to change). I have already been at Huddersfield for a year and got my place through a foundation year
maariyahi53
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I am also on this course and they did say there are 30 places (subject to change). I have already been at Huddersfield for a year and got my place through a foundation year
Hey, I got in through clearing. I only found out Huddersfield did optometry when I checked on ucas clearing list. How do you find Huddersfield uni? I've never been there before
maariyahi53
Rep:
?
(Original post by TSR_Ollie)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Thank youuu!!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
It is a new course starting for the first time at Huddersfield. I quite like the uni, the people and staff are very friendly and helpful.
fatz112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, I want to apply for the foundation year to do optometry. was the foundation year hard because I only did btec applied science which was all course work and no exams! Please help I have only a week to decide.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
The year is based on 50% coursework and 50% examinations. I would say it was a challenge with time management as you always have work to do but the nature of the work is similar to A-level. There were many people on my course that did BTECs so you should be fine. You would need 65%-70% overall to transfer to Optometry. If you don’t manage a high percentage, you are always guaranteed entry to their other applied science courses when passing the year
Khan345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
What is the name of the foundation year you did and was it at Huddersfield?
Mariyaa123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I wanted to ask what a levels or btec did you do? And do Huddersfield accept a foundation year?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The year is based on 50% coursework and 50% examinations. I would say it was a challenge with time management as you always have work to do but the nature of the work is similar to A-level. There were many people on my course that did BTECs so you should be fine. You would need 65%-70% overall to transfer to Optometry. If you don’t manage a high percentage, you are always guaranteed entry to their other applied science courses when passing the year
Do they accept people who have done just applied science at level 3 for a foundation year?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maariyahi53)
Hey, anyone got into optometry at Huddersfield? If so, how are you feeling? There's only 30 people on the course lol
What's the course like there?
Alireza Mahdian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi , sorry I confused, how can I apply for foundation year in this university? Because I found if I apply for Optometry in this university , the university will give me offer foundation year or i have to apply separately for foundation year?
Zxhrx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alireza Mahdian)
Hi , sorry I confused, how can I apply for foundation year in this university? Because I found if I apply for Optometry in this university , the university will give me offer foundation year or i have to apply separately for foundation year?
You have to apply for the foundation year separately on UCAS.
Mariyaa123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I’m sorry I don’t actually know I can’t help you with that maybe someone else can. Also what university is it that you’re looking at?
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Alireza Mahdian,

Would you like to drop us an email at [email protected] and we can have a chat with you about this? Or you can chat with our student recruitment team on Unibuddy here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/chat-with-our-students/ under the 'staff' header.

Many thanks,
Julie
UoH
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (154)
60.39%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.61%

Watched Threads