Katy8181
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Help, I haven’t achieved the grades I need for my uni choices. I’m having a gap year anyway and I don’t know whether to resit or to try and get onto a foundation course for physio at uwe or Manchester met. If anyone has done a foundation degree pls can you tell me how it was. I’m struggling to make up my mind.
Narel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey i suggest you resit as you are taking a gap year. Foundation degrees are harder to pass. I know people who did foundation degrees but they did better in their a level exams and used a levels to apply. It is therefore better to do a-levels than start something you are not accustoum to with respect to the syllabus. As the a level syllabus is known to you ... you will be familiar with the topics and it will be easier to resit☺☺☺☺ Hope this helps and do let me know what you decide to do!!!!!
12sarah34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I did a foundation year at Coventry because I just could see myself staying back (it was more of a mental thing for me) It is hard to get the marks they want so I would say check with the unis what you need to get. I had to get 75 for Coventry and didn’t get that but because other unis accepted the foundation year I was able to go to a different uni. Also check if their foundation degree or year is accepted in different unis as some may want to know what you were taught and if it doesn’t cover a lot of biology they frown upon them.

Follow Sarahs_truths on Instagram for more advice and guidance
Katy8181
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12sarah34)
Hi, I did a foundation year at Coventry because I just could see myself staying back (it was more of a mental thing for me) It is hard to get the marks they want so I would say check with the unis what you need to get. I had to get 75 for Coventry and didn’t get that but because other unis accepted the foundation year I was able to go to a different uni. Also check if their foundation degree or year is accepted in different unis as some may want to know what you were taught and if it doesn’t cover a lot of biology they frown upon them.

Follow Sarahs_truths on Instagram for more advice and guidance
Did you do the foundation year in physiotherapy? What do you mean by points? Ucas points to get in ? Did you get a spot on a course after ? Sorry about all the questions
12sarah34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi no thats fine, i did a foundation year at Coventry university uni because they said if i could get 75% on the foundation year i could apply to study physio (the course was health and social care). overall because my condition was i had to get 75% overall but no less than 65 on any particular module. So I did get a spot after passing the interview but due to funding i couldn't start the course.I then reapplied to other unis when my funding was sorted and then Coventry wanted 78% and a B in biology which i didnt have. I then apply to other unis that will accept that foundation year and got into east London. I just graduated in july 2019 and started working a week after as a qualified physio Follow Sarahs_truths on Instagram for more advice and guidance
Katy8181
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12sarah34)
Hi no thats fine, i did a foundation year at Coventry university uni because they said if i could get 75% on the foundation year i could apply to study physio (the course was health and social care). overall because my condition was i had to get 75% overall but no less than 65 on any particular module. So I did get a spot after passing the interview but due to funding i couldn't start the course.I then reapplied to other unis when my funding was sorted and then Coventry wanted 78% and a B in biology which i didnt have. I then apply to other unis that will accept that foundation year and got into east London. I just graduated in july 2019 and started working a week after as a qualified physio Follow Sarahs_truths on Instagram for more advice and guidance
Thank you, that’s really helpful.
Katy8181
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12sarah34)Hi no thats fine, i did a foundation year at Coventry university uni because they said if i could get 75% on the foundation year i could apply to study physio (the course was health and social care). overall because my condition was i had to get 75% overall but no less than 65 on any particular module. So I did get a spot after passing the interview but due to funding i couldn't start the course.I then reapplied to other unis when my funding was sorted and then Coventry wanted 78% and a B in biology which i didnt have. I then apply to other unis that will accept that foundation year and got into east London. I just graduated in july 2019 and started working a week after as a qualified physio Follow Sarahs_truths on Instagram for more advice and guidance

Also do you know if Coventry still run this foundation program ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (144)
14.36%
I'm not sure (42)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
30.11%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (489)
48.75%

Watched Threads