The Student Room Group

everything happens for a reason?

does getting certain exam results & not getting into ur firm/insurance mean it wasn't meant to be. let me know your thoughts on everything happens for a reason...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. If you received a low score on a test is because you didn’t do well in it.

So in that sense everything happens for a reason but not in the divine way I think you’re talking about.
God knows what’s best for u....
God has decided ur future and knows what’s coming
He wants that other route. that others don’t have, set for u and he wants u to take sincere decisions
U did bad so u get what’s supposed to happen
Either way God is with u all the way and sees ur future
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sannah 21
God knows what’s best for u....
God has decided ur future and knows what’s coming
He wants that other route. that others don’t have, set for u and he wants u to take sincere decisions

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
U did bad so u get what’s supposed to happen
Either way God is with u all the way and sees ur future

Indeed
Original post by makeup
Thank you :smile:

Oh ur welcome
Lol I thought wat I posted didn’t even make sense or something or ull be mad
So I quickly sent the other post 😄
That’s how I am
Reply 7
Oh ur welcome
Lol I thought wat I posted didn’t even make sense or something or ull be mad
So I quickly sent the other post 😄
That’s how I am

I lowkey got mad at the 2nd post but it’s all good
Everything does happen for a reason, just that society now makes us believe there's only one way to do things.
You don't need a degree to get a decent job. It does help for sure, but there's people out there with little education making bigger numbers than those with a degree.
Original post by makeup
I lowkey got mad at the 2nd post but it’s all good

Lol thanks 😌😊😊
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Many different possible reasons: life experience to learn from/help others, to show relationship between actions & consequences, to create a sense of personal responsibility, divine pre-destination, fate/destiny/karma.
Reply 11
Original post by Amon-ster
Everything does happen for a reason, just that society now makes us believe there's only one way to do things.
You don't need a degree to get a decent job. It does help for sure, but there's people out there with little education making bigger numbers than those with a degree.

exactly but with me i want to go into commercial law but ppl on tsr are making me rethink this so Im scared for the future.
Reply 12
Original post by londonmyst
I believe that everything happens for a reason.
Many different possible reasons: life experience to learn from/help others, to show relationship between actions & consequences, to create a sense of personal responsibility, divine pre-destination, fate/destiny/karma.

wow can I just say you & the rest of the ppl on this thread replying to me-where have u been my whole tsr life?! your exactly the kind of people everyone needs in their life. & 100% agree! there's things in my life that have happ that I perhaps didn't want but down the line, I've seen it was for the best. whatever happens is god's plan & as long as you have trust in that-nothing can break you :smile:
Original post by makeup
exactly but with me i want to go into commercial law but ppl on tsr are making me rethink this so Im scared for the future.

Do this

Pick a different degree, I'll be honest law is hard asf. But you can do this do a different degree and once you finish that degree. You can do a 1 year conversion course into law so you'll have 2 degrees. That's if you still want to do law at the end of the first degree.
Reply 14
Do this

Pick a different degree, I'll be honest law is hard asf. But you can do this do a different degree and once you finish that degree. You can do a 1 year conversion course into law so you'll have 2 degrees. That's if you still want to do law at the end of the first degree.

who's got money for that?! :biggrin: & I understand Law is hard ofcourse it would be, it's such a competitive & prestigious degree but my heart has been set on law for so long & it's something i've always wanted to do.
Original post by makeup
who's got money for that?! :biggrin: & I understand Law is hard ofcourse it would be, it's such a competitive & prestigious degree but my heart has been set on law for so long & it's something i've always wanted to do.

I agree costs more
But it's worth it

Law firms nowadays like people from different sectors same way finance firms do, plus some unis pay most of your masters for you.

In a competitive market it's what makes you stand out from the rest that the firms look for.
Reply 16
I agree costs more
But it's worth it

Law firms nowadays like people from different sectors same way finance firms do, plus some unis pay most of your masters for you.

In a competitive market it's what makes you stand out from the rest that the firms look for.

what if i just do a masters in law too? would that make me stand out. I don't want to risk doing something that isn't law if you get me cos a law degree is a law degree no question of it.
Original post by makeup
what if i just do a masters in law too? would that make me stand out. I don't want to risk doing something that isn't law if you get me cos a law degree is a law degree no question of it.

Yep would make you stand out
what kind of absurd thinking is that. it just means that you didn't work hard. and that maybe deep down you don't really want to go down the path that you've initially laid down for yourself.
Reply 19
Yep would make you stand out

to become a solicitor u have to do an lpc so do i do a masters before that or after? also if I find a law firm willing to pay for my lpc could they pay for my masters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending