khalid ab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I got terrible results in my AS and planning to resit in november do you have any tips for me.
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you doing A levels?? If so it would be pointless to resist as AS grades become irrelevant once you have an A Level grade.
Narel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by khalid ab)
Hi, I got terrible results in my AS and planning to resit in november do you have any tips for me.
What are the courses? You can succeed in anything once you make up your mind to do the work.
Rimjim
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How bad are your results. If they are along the line of B/Cs then yes resit them. If you gotten anything below that opt for a btec with maybe your best a level grade. Yes btecs have this stigmas of being for “dumb” people but that is not the case at all. You can still get into good unis like Durham, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester etc. Hope this helps. Best of luck with your education and career.
jiajane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your subjects are linear then that means your AS grades do not affect your A-level grade, as in all the marks you received previously at AS do not contribute towards your A level grade at all. But the AS grades essentially will play role in your UCAS application and predictions. If you want to resit then by all means do so, but imo I'd rather focus on doing well at A-level which is the one that's more important. Do well in your lessons and mocks and your teachers will be sure to give you good predictions for your uni application, which will make up for those bad grades at AS. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.82%
Disagree (5)
4.9%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.37%
Agree (40)
39.22%
Strongly Agree (16)
15.69%

Watched Threads

Latest