The Student Room Group

Unauthorised holiday leave - will I be sacked from McDonalds?

I got my job at mcdonalds just over a month ago and been working there for a few weeks now. Before I got the job I booked a 10-day holiday which starts tomorrow. The manager at my welcome meeting said this wouldn't be a problem if I put in a request online for time off, but I didn't realise until now that you have to give them 14 days notice. I submitted my request earlier this week and only gave them 5 days notice before my holiday. It hasn't been confirmed or rejected but its status now just says 'not reviewed'. However I've been given five days work next week and won't be able to turn up to any of it because I'm on holiday.

Does anyone who's worked at mcdonalds before or has experience with this kind of thing know what will happen to me? I'll miss at least five shifts so will they just sack me over the phone of something? Wouldn't be especially devastated to get sacked as I don't like my job anyway but I'd just like to know what to expect, in case I'm in for an angry phone call from the manager on Monday or something while I'm away.

Also, something else I'm curious about is, if I do get fired, will I automatically be banned from working in other branches of mcdonalds or can I still work there but in a different city? Going back to uni next month and may need to get a part time job so I'm wondering if as a dismissed employee i'd be eligible to work in other branches of mcdonalds or not?

If anyone could help me out or give me some advice I'd be really grateful. Thanks for reading :smile:
Well, I guess the manager did tell you it wasn’t a problem to put in the request, but did they include specifically that there had to be 14 days notice? If not, maybe you could try to have a conversation over the phone or something if you can’t do it in person, to explain why there is such short notice. They could even possibly be a little easier on you as you are a new employee after all. Unfortunately I haven’t worked in a McDonald’s before and can’t say what will happen, so this is just a little suggestion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending