Cmurray778
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As many of you know results day has come and been for better or for worse.
I personally didn't get the grades I wanted and I'm going to try and recap here so do feel free to point out anything you might see which could be improved.
So to start off I'm doing 4 A levels, well 3 As and a btec level 3. My btec is in engineering and my A levels are Digital technology (ccea) and life and health science (ccea). I found the jump from 5th year to sixth form to be big. Big enough that it affected the result of my first coursework unit in my double award. I then got help to get myself more organised and by the time christmas rolled around I was pretty confident that I could get at least a BB overall in my double award and I was on track for an overall high B in my digital technology.
This obviously did not happen or I wouldn't be here but regardless it's where I am now.
In my double award science I got a CD overall, I passed all the written exams (chem and bio a C and a B in physics) and passed the medicine unit(C) but unfortunately I failed the brain science unit (U)and the experiments unit(E). In my digital technology I got a D in both of the exams.
So I'm going to ask where do I go from here? Because my parents and family are saying that these are goods grades but I'm not so sure given that the average asking for the course I'm looking to do is a BBB. I can go into more details on how I handled the work load and everything if anybody is a real sucker for punishment.
welard78
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
happens to the best of us, results day went abysmal for me too. I got DDD for 3 a levels. However I got extremely lucky and uni of Essex which is a top 40 uni in the country has offered me a 3 year marketing bsc course. So there’s hope for you. If you’re looking to go to universities a lot of unis will be willing to offer u foundation years. If not you can always take a gap year and resit your exams. Another option is to go straight into work, perhaps take on an apprenticeship. It ain’t the end of the world. U tried Man just take it on the chin and look forward. Your past doesn’t define you, but what you’re going to do next does define you!
Rholly2889
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello are you doing digital technology currently ?
Cmurray778
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by Rholly2889)
Hello are you doing digital technology currently ?
Good so far, my teacher said I didn't need to repeat the tests anyway. What's annoying me is that I missed both of them by 1 or 2 marks. Didn't help that I had a physics test on at the same time as my second one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads