The Student Room Group

I got into med school. AMA

So words can not describe how I’ve been feeling last couple of days. I’m still so ecstatic. If anyone would like to know anything, I’d be happy to answer any questions. Whether that be advice for people thinking about medicine, people applying this year, or anyone interested in my story.

PS, I hope everyone’s A level results went well 👌
Reply 1
Which med school is it? Congrats!
Reply 2
Original post by Den Den
Which med school is it? Congrats!

Norwich (UEA). Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie_1712
Norwich (UEA). Thanks!

Amazing mate, I hope you enjoy it or at least the outcome of it lol. Doubt anyone ENJOYS med school.
Reply 4
Original post by Den Den
Amazing mate, I hope you enjoy it or at least the outcome of it lol. Doubt anyone ENJOYS med school.

Thanks man! I honestly can’t think of a more entertaining degree, should be a blast!
So words can not describe how I’ve been feeling last couple of days. I’m still so ecstatic. If anyone would like to know anything, I’d be happy to answer any questions. Whether that be advice for people thinking about medicine, people applying this year, or anyone interested in my story.

PS, I hope everyone’s A level results went well 👌

What are your best tips for interviews? What do you like most about UEA? What would be your best advice for someone going into year 13? Do you remember your stats or if not did you post them in the thread? Well done!
Reply 6
Original post by DGeorge13
What are your best tips for interviews? What do you like most about UEA? What would be your best advice for someone going into year 13? Do you remember your stats or if not did you post them in the thread? Well done!

Best tip I can give for interview is just be yourself. I had great fun at my UEA interview, making banter with some interviewers where appropriate or if I finished a station early. You need to do some interview prep and practice but don’t go overboard or you’ll end up sounding like a robot. Read the medic portal recent med stories the night before just so you have some material to reference if needs be.

Love the campus and sports facilities. I’m hoping to get into football tennis and table tennis teams there so this was big for me. Also got a great vibe at the open days.

Keep calm, stay on top of your content, and if you lose motivation talk to someone, whether it be family, friends or teachers. If necessary, get a tutor, it’ll be worth the cost.

650 UCAT average (I’m **** at English so my 500 VR pulled it down), band 1 sjt. GCSEs: maths 9, eng lit and Lang 7 and 6. Bio chem phys A* 2 more As and a B. I made sure I had tonnes of work experience too so I never ran out of things to say at interview.
Best tip I can give for interview is just be yourself. I had great fun at my UEA interview, making banter with some interviewers where appropriate or if I finished a station early. You need to do some interview prep and practice but don’t go overboard or you’ll end up sounding like a robot. Read the medic portal recent med stories the night before just so you have some material to reference if needs be.

Love the campus and sports facilities. I’m hoping to get into football tennis and table tennis teams there so this was big for me. Also got a great vibe at the open days.

Keep calm, stay on top of your content, and if you lose motivation talk to someone, whether it be family, friends or teachers. If necessary, get a tutor, it’ll be worth the cost.

650 UCAT average (I’m **** at English so my 500 VR pulled it down), band 1 sjt. GCSEs: maths 9, eng lit and Lang 7 and 6. Bio chem phys A* 2 more As and a B. I made sure I had tonnes of work experience too so I never ran out of things to say at interview.

Thank you
Will you answer truthfully?
Reply 9
Original post by Satyr

Watch out, hes gonna lie to u now.
Original post by Satyr

No 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending