alexisemma31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I am due to finish a Masters next year for which I have student funding to cover the cost of the course. I would like to re-train as a speech and language therapist (MSc) so would I be eligible to apply for funding for this NHS training? Thanks
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by alexisemma31)
Hi, I am due to finish a Masters next year for which I have student funding to cover the cost of the course. I would like to re-train as a speech and language therapist (MSc) so would I be eligible to apply for funding for this NHS training? Thanks
Hi Alexi,

Can you confirm when you course starts and what university you're doing this from and we can check this on the system for you? Can you confirm if you're pre-registered already in this area?

Thanks,
Claire
alexisemma31
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi Claire

The pre-registration Masters in Speech and Language Therapy starts in September 2020 and I hope to apply for either Manchester Metropolitan University or the University of Manchester
I will have finished my current Masters in July 2020, so I need to know whether I will be able to get student finance for a second Masters degree so I can train as a Speech and Language Therapist. Thank you
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Claire

The pre-registration Masters in Speech and Language Therapy starts in September 2020 and I hope to apply for either Manchester Metropolitan University or the University of Manchester
I will have finished my current Masters in July 2020, so I need to know whether I will be able to get student finance for a second Masters degree so I can train as a Speech and Language Therapist. Thank you
Hi there,

As per current policy, you can get undergraduate funding for any designated Postgraduate Healthcare Course whilst disregarding your previous study. Speech and Language Therapy as a subject is designated as it is an Allied Health Professional (AHP) subject.

Eligible courses must be:
-A minimum of 2 years in length
-Full Time (Distance Learning courses are not eligible)
-Level 7
-Pre-registration courses in Allied Health Profession subjects, Nursing and Midwifery that lead to a PG Diploma or a Master's Degree.

Regards,
Nihad
alexisemma31
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi there,

As per current policy, you can get undergraduate funding for any designated Postgraduate Healthcare Course whilst disregarding your previous study. Speech and Language Therapy as a subject is designated as it is an Allied Health Professional (AHP) subject.

Eligible courses must be:
-A minimum of 2 years in length
-Full Time (Distance Learning courses are not eligible)
-Level 7
-Pre-registration courses in Allied Health Profession subjects, Nursing and Midwifery that lead to a PG Diploma or a Master's Degree.

Regards,
Nihad
Thanks Nihad,

Please could you confirm if I apply for undergraduate or postgraduate funding? The Masters in Speech and Language Therapy is an AHP course and is postgraduate, but you refer to undergraduate course above?

Also please could you confirm how the repayment will work with this being a second Masters?

Many thanks, Alexis
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks Nihad,

Please could you confirm if I apply for undergraduate or postgraduate funding? The Masters in Speech and Language Therapy is an AHP course and is postgraduate, but you refer to undergraduate course above?

Also please could you confirm how the repayment will work with this being a second Masters?

Many thanks, Alexis
Hi there.

You would apply as an undergraduate student as you would be funded via the undergraduate scheme.

You can find further details on repayments here: https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan

Regards,
Nihad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.09%
12.47%
12.36%
18.13%
23.09%
19.86%

Watched Threads