WJEC unsuccessful (3)
4.76%
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon0601)
Successful remarks do happen. Personally I can verify a 17 UMS increase in History and 12 in English Lit. No guarantees obviously it depends upon whether the process was not followed / marking scheme not applied or over harshly marked but it is possible.
How many years ago?
WinterKuma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Has your teacher checked it and found errors? We are only paying when we've checked the copy of the script.
No, he said him checking my papers won't make a difference to my grades and to just wait for the remark.
Attached files
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WinterKuma)
No, he said him checking my papers won't make a difference to my grades and to just wait for the remark.
That's crazy - he could check it for FREE and then you send it off only if he finds a mistake - that is what we are doing. Saves you money!
WinterKuma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
That's crazy - he could check it for FREE and then you send it off only if he finds a mistake - that is what we are doing. Saves you money!
Apparently he's away on holiday :/
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apparently he's away on holiday :/
And? If he can pick up e-mails then he can get someone else to look at it for you.
Duane2501
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Isn't it only £45 though? I'd still pay for piece of mind.
Anon0601
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How many years ago?
This week
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Copes of your paper can be downloaded FREE.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ripts-FAQs.pdf
Anon0601
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is true. Pre-site of the papers could allow your teacher to give their view on whether a remark may be successful and thus save you paying for a remark if they think it would likely be unsuccessful.

When deciding to ask for a remark consider the mark against other papers taken on the same subject alongside how it was felt each of the exams went. If one paper has a high mark one a lot less but it was felt the exams had gone equally well this could well be an indication that something was amiss.
Anon0601
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Duane2501)
Isn't it only £45 though? I'd still pay for piece of mind.
Per paper. Think it varies a little by exam board but all around that mark. You do get the money refunded though if your grade moves up as a result of the review.
Devildisaster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anon0601)
Per paper. Think it varies a little by exam board but all around that mark. You do get the money refunded though if your grade moves up as a result of the review.
I'm getting my paper remarked (priority) and my school offers to pay it for you if you were really close to the next grade. But i paid an additional £50 so I can get an additional paper remarked for the same subject.
Arjun13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I paid £180 for a priority remark for business i was 3 marks off need it to get into my firm but i still ain’t received it
(Original post by Devildisaster)
I'm getting my paper remarked (priority) and my school offers to pay it for you if you were really close to the next grade. But i paid an additional £50 so I can get an additional paper remarked for the same subject.
Hello1234567abvd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m waiting on an OCR A level Biology , 1 mark away remark. Has anyone done the same/got their remark result back/know when we will get it back?
Last edited by Hello1234567abvd; 4 weeks ago
n.345
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hello1234567abvd)
I’m waiting on an OCR A level Biology , 1 mark away remark. Has anyone done the same/got their remark result back/know when we will get it back?
same OCR bio hoping for one mark too. Sent last thurs but haven't heard yet either. Should be soon i think cos i saw someone on here say they got 2/3 remarked papers back for OCR bio.
Hello1234567abvd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Okkk thank you ahhh the suspense is killing me ((
Last edited by Hello1234567abvd; 4 weeks ago
Devildisaster
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Arjun13)
I paid £180 for a priority remark for business i was 3 marks off need it to get into my firm but i still ain’t received it
that's a lot of money, hope it pays off for you. My remark is for my firm too, I was 1 mark off in further maths. When did you apply for the remark? I applied on results day but wasn't sure which paper to remark so I asked my exam officer to send me the scripts for 4 of my papers and I had a look at them and made my decision on Monday. She said Edexcel are really quick with remarks.
n.345
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's a lot of money, hope it pays off for you. My remark is for my firm too, I was 1 mark off in further maths. When did you apply for the remark? I applied on results day but wasn't sure which paper to remark so I asked my exam officer to send me the scripts for 4 of my papers and I had a look at them and made my decision on Monday. She said Edexcel are really quick with remarks.
not sure about edexcel being quick. sent my maths papers last thurs still not heard anything
davidskis17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
when you send your papers for a review do the examiners know how close you are to the boundary or do they just go over your paper?
Devildisaster
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by davidskis17)
when you send your papers for a review do the examiners know how close you are to the boundary or do they just go over your paper?
I'm not sure, idk if i would like that or not lol. They say they just look over the marking and see if the marking has been done incorrectly.
Arjun13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks business is more subjective so hopefully it goes up i sent it on results day last Thursday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.56%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
56.56%
No (45)
36.89%

Watched Threads