PurpleGhost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I got BCC at a-levels while suffering severe anxiety and depression, with no extra support or special requirements during that time. I've been to the doctor now and have support. My sixth form basically said I can't re-take a year, but they'd help me with a uni application? What should I typically be doing because honestly I feel let down and sad. Would Uni's consider my case?
Last edited by PurpleGhost; 1 month ago
Jesssmith5363
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PurpleGhost)
Hi. I got BCC at a-levels while suffering severe anxiety and depression, 0% support or special requirements. I've been to the doctor now and have support. My sixth form basically said I can't re-take a year, but they'd help me with a uni application? What should I typically be doing because honestly I feel let down and sad. Would Uni's consider my case?
I retook and my school didn’t allow retakes so I just took them privately at a close exam centre and paid for them. So just do them at a different exam centre whilst allowing your school to help with uni application. I got my private tutor to be my referee the second time as it was more helpful. Get a job so you can fund the exams yourself as they are expensive. Linear subjects you’ve got to retake all the exams now so will not be cheap
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads