PurpleGhost
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I got BCC at a-levels while suffering severe anxiety and depression, with no extra support or special requirements during that time. I've been to the doctor now and have support. My sixth form basically said I can't re-take a year, but they'd help me with a uni application? What should I typically be doing because honestly I feel let down and sad. Would Uni's consider my case?
Last edited by PurpleGhost; 1 year ago
Jesssmith5363
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PurpleGhost)
Hi. I got BCC at a-levels while suffering severe anxiety and depression, 0% support or special requirements. I've been to the doctor now and have support. My sixth form basically said I can't re-take a year, but they'd help me with a uni application? What should I typically be doing because honestly I feel let down and sad. Would Uni's consider my case?
I retook and my school didn’t allow retakes so I just took them privately at a close exam centre and paid for them. So just do them at a different exam centre whilst allowing your school to help with uni application. I got my private tutor to be my referee the second time as it was more helpful. Get a job so you can fund the exams yourself as they are expensive. Linear subjects you’ve got to retake all the exams now so will not be cheap
PurpleGhost
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Jesssmith5363)
I retook and my school didn’t allow retakes so I just took them privately at a close exam centre and paid for them. So just do them at a different exam centre whilst allowing your school to help with uni application. I got my private tutor to be my referee the second time as it was more helpful. Get a job so you can fund the exams yourself as they are expensive. Linear subjects you’ve got to retake all the exams now so will not be cheap
I know this is very late of me now but thank you for taking the time to reply to me.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi. I got BCC at a-levels while suffering severe anxiety and depression, with no extra support or special requirements during that time. I've been to the doctor now and have support. My sixth form basically said I can't re-take a year, but they'd help me with a uni application? What should I typically be doing because honestly I feel let down and sad. Would Uni's consider my case?
What did you decide to do? Do you need any help now with uni applications?
PurpleGhost
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
What did you decide to do? Do you need any help now with uni applications?
I applied for uni in Jan and already got two unconditional offers just waiting for all my choices to reply
Last edited by PurpleGhost; 8 months ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied for uni in Jan and already got two unconditional offers just waiting for all my choices to reply
Oh that's good - well done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (129)
14.56%
I'm not sure (40)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (428)
48.31%

Watched Threads